• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Trying to re-partition flash drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
I have a 16Gb Sandisk Cruzer flash drive that I turned into a boot drive for BAMT. The process split the drive into 2 partitions, a 526MB and the remainder 14.4 GB. I no longer need this drive to be a boot drive and wish to revert it back to a single partition 16GB drive. Using Win7 Disk Manager I've tried Shrinking the volume and deleting the volumes but no luck. I have successfully done this on other drives so I know this process works but can't get this one to go. Also outside of Disk Manager the 14.4Gb partition isn't even accessable.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I know they're cheap now and have already replaced it, but if I can salvage this one that would be nice. Plus it just bugs the crap out of me when I get this stumped.

Edit: I forgot to mention I borrowed the drive from my wife and she's still mad that I toasted it even though it's been replaced. Lose/lose. :bang head

You'll have to use a utility like the built-in DiskPart from an administrative command prompt to delete the volumes (DiskPart--> List Disk--> Select Disk ?--> Clean). Replace the question mark w/ the disk number assigned to the thumb drive.

Back