• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The amd cine bench collection

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, new score...CPU-Z says my Phenom II X4 955BE is running at 4475.6Ghz, but Cinebench says 4.48Ghz(probably a round up)

Score: 5.28

Picked this little PC up for $35.00 yep its a dell but hey $35.00 couldnt pass on it a good one for the kids.Anyways thought Id run a test for giggles ;)

E-76001-1.png

Last edited:
It will do for the kids, is this still going?

I do like a good competition, i'm surprised no one has anything like this pined on an overclockers forum?

Anyway, here is mine. (i can better it even on my junk CPU cooler if anyone is still up for this challenge?)

picture.php

It will do for the kids, is this still going?

I do like a good competition, i'm surprised no one has anything like this pined on an overclockers forum?

Anyway, here is mine. (i can better it even on my junk CPU cooler if anyone is still up for this challenge?)

picture.php

I ended up changing out the power supply in it threw in a little 8800 GT dang thing plays games like cod black ops and crysis 2 pretty dang well.I have a 5770 but need to modify the large bracket dell puts over there cpu fans jeez always in my way lol.
I no longer have my rig in my sig got hurt couldnt work needed to sell it man I hated it.Now back to work been running a crappy PC for awhile need to build something again.I enjoyed this thread might not mean much but its fun ;)

Sabertooth 990fx - Amd 1090t @ 4.1 Ghz

This is my system. ( Details in Sig. )

Attachments

• Tread 1.jpg
    Tread 1.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 89
My trusty old 5770 has served me well, it was able to play any game at the highest settings.... the only game it chokes on now is BF3..... it averages 45 FPS on all height 1920 x 1080P, if i turn on AA it drops to around 35 FPS, while thats perfectly playable you start to notice its not perfectly smooth, Just for the funnies i have ran it on all Ultra. It was an absolute joke, it barely got off the ground and then just ground it a stuttering halt (poor thing) :p

I have been impressed with it over the years, for what it cost it was impossible to beat and still is i think, if you can still find retailers selling them they go for peanuts.

I'm now looking at the 7770 or possibly the 7870 but i think the later may be a little over my budget, unless i wait for prices to come down.

Anyway, yes overclocking and comparing benches is fun, getting involved as an enthusiast and all that. :)

If you do build a new rig i will probably be around.

@ jshake, that beats mine, i will try to get my clock higher for long enough to bench without it boiling over :popcorn:

Last edited:
Hello people,

My "Dream Editing Machine" (youtube) has been running fine since the upgrade from 1090T to the FX-8150 BD a few months back. Don't think I had posted any benchmark using the Cinebench tool, so thought I'd test and post one. Don't know if this is good, bad or average, but here it is...

-Rodger

Attachments

• cinebench benchmark.PNG
    cinebench benchmark.PNG
    503.3 KB · Views: 72
Hello people,

My "Dream Editing Machine" (youtube) has been running fine since the upgrade from 1090T to the FX-8150 BD a few months back. Don't think I had posted any benchmark using the Cinebench tool, so thought I'd test and post one. Don't know if this is good, bad or average, but here it is...

-Rodger

That's the fastest run of Cinebench yet in this thread :thup: somewhere in this room there is an FX-8 bench wich has beat that 12 core Opteron.

Clock for clock the FX-81## is not as fast as an old Thuban here but one thing is for sure, even the 8 core will overclock higher on watter cooling then the Thuban x6.

which brings me to this, i have tried again to Cinebench my Thuban @ 4.3Ghz and it just gets to hot before the bench is complete at its stable??? 1.44v Vcore on my current cooler.

I will have to wait until i get my new CM Hyper 412S. for now i will throw in another bench.

Wprime 1.55 32MB - 6.379 sec @ 4Ghz :p

Attachments

• 6.PNG
    6.PNG
    24.3 KB · Views: 73
Here you go.

I may post my 4.8Ghz score later if I can tweak out that last little bit of stability (~99% stable atm) but Y-Cruncher is still throwing an error a couple hours into a run.

Attachments

• CineBench.jpg
    CineBench.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 72
That's the fastest run of Cinebench yet in this thread :thup: somewhere in this room there is an FX-8 bench wich has beat that 12 core Opteron.

Clock for clock the FX-81## is not as fast as an old Thuban here but one thing is for sure, even the 8 core will overclock higher on watter cooling then the Thuban x6.

which brings me to this, i have tried again to Cinebench my Thuban @ 4.3Ghz and it just gets to hot before the bench is complete at its stable??? 1.44v Vcore on my current cooler.

I will have to wait until i get my new CM Hyper 412S. for now i will throw in another bench.

Wprime 1.55 32MB - 6.379 sec @ 4Ghz :p

That's interesting I'm the fastest in this thread. This is my everyday settings and I suppose I could go to 5Ghz long enough to run this benchmark. I cool down fine at 4.81 with the H80 and 6000 RPM turbine fan, but above that Prime95 will usually start to complain after 15~20 minutes.

-Rodger

I often see FX-8's @ 4+ sometimes as high as 4.5Ghz on good air and as high as 5Ghz on H80 / H100....

People go on about how hot the FX-8 is and yet it overclock's way better then a 6 core Phenom II on the same money spent on cooling.

And the FX-6 and FX-4's are even better.

cine.jpg

Weird is that in the ranking table there is one run 4cores/8theads and other one is 8/8 on the same clock. 8/8 result that is worse was on 5GHz not 4.82GHz ... I don't know why , just made 3-4 fast runs ;)

I hit a 6.31 running on 5 cores, 4300mhz, 8-8-8-24-1t 1333 ram. will post screeny later.

Kinda wishing I had my 6 core functional so I could break 7.xx :/ If it scales linearly I would be a 7.57 with the 6th running:(

View attachment 106448

Weird is that in the ranking table there is one run 4cores/8theads and other one is 8/8 on the same clock. 8/8 result that is worse was on 5GHz not 4.82GHz ... I don't know why , just made 3-4 fast runs ;)

That's an impressive run, :thup: i know there is something about Win 7 getting confused by the FX architecture and showing only 4 cores, a patch fixed that (somewhat) and increased performance by about 3%.

Might that have something to do with it?

Both results on the same system , maybe 10 min difference between tests ( I only made system restart ), both on latest updates and FX patches ... thats why it's strange for me ;)
These are almost 24/7 settings except that cpu multi and voltage are higher ( usually it's running @ 4.5GHz ~1.35V ).

Back