• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questione about the $16 dollar water block at becooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyfoid

I was wondering if anyone has ever used the $16.00 aluminum water block that becooling has for sale here. And if so did they like it, and how did they secure it to the CPU?

I guess I didn't see the clips they sell right below it, would that be a secure way of attaching this block?

My opinion would be that this block is really low quality bc is it is made of aluminium, whic has really low thermal conductivity, it will not perform very well, so you should shell out the extra few bucks and get a copper one...

Cool that was my the thought I had right after "cool a 16 dollar water block". Just thought I would confirm it.

I might be good for a vid card. keep in mind the battery effect- dont couple it with copper anything else. It should work decent- but certainly not extrodinaily.

dont nock the block just because it is made from ALU, i have this block right now, in an dual p3 370 setup and it rocks, both cpus runing serial temps are only 5-6c over ambiant. ALU while is not as good Cu, it still works great.

blah blah blah alu for an aplication such as a water block if it is the same as the copper version will only do 1 c at most worst JFettig has tested this theory and well i am 99.9999% sure thats what he found. really the conductivity of a metal for an aplication like this doesnt have to be that great it just has to be fair. or we would use all coated silver... ...J had also pointed out to me and i think a few others that diamond has awesome thermal capacities. some where areound 5 x better than silver which is the most thermally and electrically conductive element in the world. but anyway the results in alu blocks and copper blocks are so close i would almost prefer an all alu set up due to how much less it costs than copper. due to how much of it we have. not cause it sux as i can sense someone saying...

I havent gone thru rigourous testing, but not the best testing, i found it being from 1-5c worse than copper, depends on the situation, wich block it is, the popcan blocks performed really closely

I purcahsed the Unablock from them a few months ago.. Aside from it comming with a few missing washer or something, I have been happy.

I lapped it up a bit, and then hooked it up.

Personally the plexi-mount makes me nervous, and as no bolts are running through the block itself - good luck getting it to stay still if you ever need to remount it with water in the lines.

Anyhow.. if you have a low flow system, I'd reccomend the Unablock. I use it with an '89 camaro heater core and a Rio180 pump.

Running my Xp1500+ @ 1.5 ghz 1.84 volts, keeps it at an acceptable 43C or so full load. Though I'm sure that will rise in the summer. I'd still reccomend the Unablock over a plain block.

neco i was looking at that do u know what is inside or is it just a channel i plan on maing a block similar but not replicate. im also working on a tc-4 style block but i wasnt sure if that had pins finse or what in it. anyway if u know please tell...

Neco, how much of a temp drop does that unablock provide? Is this the only block you have had or do you or have you had others?

I heard from others that the Unablock was a decent cooler for it's relatively cheap price (pretty much the cheapest your gonna get from a shop)

But hte link you gave us is of a vid card cooler....

Actually I didn't even see the unablock when I first looked at the site... not until they mentioned it did I see it. But the link I gave said that block is for either a cpu or a gpu. I may just buy that unablock though... as I am trying to go water on the cheap then upgrade to more intense stuff later on.

It would be nice if they would show us the innards of these blocks, I know what block yoru talking about now.
Its probably decent but nothing can be promiced

Back