• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Those with WhiteWaters

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DOHCrazy

I just got my watercooling setup and have it bleeding right now. The L30 is quiet enough for me, but theres is a faint sound comign form the waterblock, im not sure if there is air leaking from the tubing at the sides of the barbs, or this is just the noise from the jet shooting water over the fins.

Question is, does anyone else have the noise?

its a trickling noise, im pretty sure what you talking about, its been bleeding for 3 hours, and i wont conclude untill tommorow morning.

My noise isnt loud though, but i can hear it.

Checked all my connections and am pretty confident about everything. Gona wait and see how it is in the morning.

My T-Line has been pretty stable for the past hour or so, Im guessing the block just makes noise from the water flowing over it.

O well, the rad fans will drown it out.

Xymurgy said:
My WW has that noise. To me, it sounds like water in a tube that is forced to pass through a small plastic nozzle and strike a finned copper plate.

Hehe :D

Wich is exactly what it does

Hmm. I sanded the chamfering on the impingement nozzle to give the water a bit smoother path to enter through. Maybe that's why I don't hear that noise. Of course mine is an original WW too, so maybe there is a difference there.

BTW, I don't know if it is a good idea to sand the chamfering or not. For all I know, doing so reduces the turbulence of the water hitting the fins and results in lower cooling efficiency.

johan851 said:
If it's problem you might try removing the impingement nozzle...I believe you can get better temps that way as well.

What? Do you mean that seriously?

If so, you believe wrongly.

Since87 said:
Hmm. I sanded the chamfering on the impingement nozzle to give the water a bit smoother path to enter through. Maybe that's why I don't hear that noise. Of course mine is an original WW too, so maybe there is a difference there.

BTW, I don't know if it is a good idea to sand the chamfering or not. For all I know, doing so reduces the turbulence of the water hitting the fins and results in lower cooling efficiency.

What? Do you mean that seriously?

If so, you believe wrongly.

actually if you have a high flow, low head pump, removing the nozzle will yield better results simply becuase the pump can't push the water through the nozzle at the required speed.

Back