• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone have One-Click with client 5.04?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bon3thugz43v3r

If anyone has One-Click with the 5.04 f@h client integrated, can you please leave a link? The One-Clicks in the "Wedo's Ultimate FAH Install Guide" are using the 5.02 client. Thanks.

I havent seen a one click for 5.04 yet, but as the resident idiot here, I can say that 5.04 is very one click like. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

I'd be happy to walk you through the process if you like.

And please say hi to the stretch of beach south of the Gate station on A1A for me. I made the front page of the Sports Section in Jville a few years back for pulling three monster redfish out in under an hour.

Nothing like your toes in the sand as the sun rises.

I tried it here once but stepped on three cacti, and got bitten by something ! It's just not the same. *sigh*

Last edited:
Yeah I am assuming that I can download the 5.04 console only client and somehow make it run as a service? If you want to give me a walkthrough on how to make it happen, that'd be appreciated.

When you run it for the first time, it asks if you want to install it as a service. I think it's like the third thing it asks you.

BTW, I just noticed you live in Jax. I have a few borgs down there!:p

There is no One-Click for the 5.04.

It is a One click. :-/ sorta.

Glasslicker can get ya going. :thup:

Hell, I got it installed too !

The "one click" doesnt have any client in it. It grabs the client from the stanford website. I dont think it would be to hard to redo it and tell it to grab the newer client instead.

Would anyone like me to make a tutorial on this? I used to make tutorials for all sorts of things, usually labelled "the idiot's guide to XXX" because they included a lot of detail and piccies. I've got loads of time on my hands right now.

Lofty I would greatly appreciate a nice walkthrough (with plenty of pics, like you promised).

I got mine installed, but I need to get my technique streamlined for my borging adventures:sn: , once the semester is over.

The fast easy way would be to install the one click that matches the number of cores/HT clients you want with the default 5.02 client.

Then download the 5.04beta.

Rename the beta to the exact same name as the 5.02 client.

Shutdown FAH

Delete 5.02.exe in the FAH folders.

Copy the renamed beta into each FAH folder.

Make a 5.02.exe short cut in each folder with the flag -configonly.

(Here's one of mine) F:\FAH\FAH502-Console.exe -configonly

Config with the shortcut.

Restart FAH service.

Otherwise you'll have to install each beta instance as a service during config or go into the registry and edit the exe paths to the beta client name. That could be tricky if you need multiple instances installed on a machine.

Last edited:
ohiosurfer said:
Lofty I would greatly appreciate a nice walkthrough (with plenty of pics, like you promised).

I got mine installed, but I need to get my technique streamlined for my borging adventures:sn: , once the semester is over.
:welcome: to the team!!!

Lofty, you got it? otherwise I could throw somethin' together quick. Lmk

So do we need a new One-Click? I've been away for awhile and just noticed this thread. Should I blow off the dust of the One-Click machine and go nuts or is the new versions good enough?

I prefer the 5.04, seems be more reliable than the 5.02(imo) but it would be WAY easier if you were to make a new one-click using it to make the mass-borging simple again!

Wedo said:
So do we need a new One-Click? I've been away for awhile and just noticed this thread. Should I blow off the dust of the One-Click machine and go nuts or is the new versions good enough?

Make the new one-click with the 5.04 client.:beer: :beer:
Thaaanks.

Back