• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FPS dropping while playing BF2.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Schalldampfer

At first my FPS is in the 60~80, then it drops down to 20~30 after a few rounds. I'm using the Omega's based on 5.9 with X800XT AIW. I started noticing these after 5.8 and 5.9... which reminds me... I better go driver clean everything. Can this be the cause of it?

I have the same thing happen after I get the infamous "There is a Problem with Your Connection" message. After the game kicks me off the server, when I go into the next game, my frame rate drops about 10-20fps. I have found that the only way to fix this is to do a reboot and start over.

Maybe the fix will be in the patch (we can only hope).

Wedo, I think Driver Cleaning helped me a bit. Now I don't notice the drop in FPS. Maybe it's just a placebo effect, but I think it's worth trying, at least.

Does it drop when you look at a certain area or does it drop after like 10mins for no reason?

Also sry about running into your artillery yesterday (i thought it had finished dropping) :p

No. It runs fine at first and THEN starts to drop for no apparent reason. And I don't blame my lack of RAM for it, as it used to do well before 5.8 and 5.9. Anyways, I think Driver Cleaning solved the problem. Thanks for your concern.

Back