• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Rad should I get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bishoff

Hi guys,

Long time water guy, but I'm in need of some suggestions for a rad(s) in my new case. I'm currently using a NZXT H630 (white) case and I'm not sure which rad I should get. My previous setup was an old Coolermaster CM stacker with a '77' Bonneville rad (yup old school) and a swiftech MCP655. Pump which is still in great shape, so I'll be using it for this. I plan on just watercooling the CPU but would like to have in place a big rad to add a reference block on a grafx card or 2 if I decide to do that. The bonnevile rad worked great for cooling an AMD 965 and my current AMD 8350 with a 5870. I'm currently using 2-7970's non-reference so they'll be air until I upgrade them.

I'll be upgrading from an AMD 990FX board to the new intel X99 when they become available, but that shouldn't matter too much with a custom loop for this case. So, anyone have a suggestions if you were doing this build? Money isn't really an object, as I just want a nice looking, clean, efficient build.

Many thanks for any suggestions, as I'm new to purpose built rads and specific fans.

Cheers!

I would get two Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 360mm radiators and put one up top and one in the front, assuming you don't mind removing the HDD cages.

I would get two Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 360mm radiators and put one up top and one in the front, assuming you don't mind removing the HDD cages.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using 2-Sammy 250GB pro ssd drives in raid 0 for OS duties, and 2-WD Black mechanicals for storage. Would a 240 in the front work pretty well instead of a 360? That way I can keep one cage for the storage drives.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using 2-Sammy 250GB pro ssd drives in raid 0 for OS duties, and 2-WD Black mechanicals for storage. Would a 240 in the front work pretty well instead of a 360? That way I can keep one cage for the storage drives.

Yeah, you could even do a 240mm Monsta in the bottom of the case if you wanted.

Perhaps cut a hole for a Rad to mount on the outside of the side panel. That will help tremendously with case air flow and you won't have to move your HDDs.

There's room for 120.9 worth of radiator in this case, there is zero reason to mount them outside...

There's room for 120.9 worth of radiator in this case, there is zero reason to mount them outside...

I was thinking more about that case flow than the side panel mounting outside... Running a TJ07 case myself I already know what it means to "have" room inside lol :thup:

except for epeen.... :)

imagine TWO MO-RA3's placed in a parallel angle to form the base of a pedestal for the PC... :D

Yea as big as this case is, I'm not too keen on mounting a rad on the outside...but that Mora3 looks very interesting...

I use an mora mounted to the back of my desk out of sight, I work at a podium type desk, I stand up to work and with this setup nobody has any idea there is a monster rad in the house.

Alright I went ahead and picked up this bad boy. Once I add graphics card (s) in the loop I'll pick up another rad to add, but I'm digging the white.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...stom_Painted_White.html?id=mkyLfR7o&mv_pc=220

Welcome to OCFs and congrats on your choice! Should match your case nicely. I'd look for the 120.2 version for the front. You should handle a CPU + 2 high end GPU's nicely with that setup. I would look at some premium pricey fans in your case than. Noiseblockers eLoop B12s PWM.

Welcome to OCFs and congrats on your choice! Should match your case nicely. I'd look for the 120.2 version for the front. You should handle a CPU + 2 high end GPU's nicely with that setup. I would look at some premium pricey fans in your case than. Noiseblockers eLoop B12s PWM.

Thanks mate I appreciate the welcome & recommendation. I'll check the fans out and look forward to getting back in the water game :D

Ok so I have the UT60 120.3, 3-Noiseblocker Eloop B-12 PWM's and the swiftech PWM splitter. I'm still using the front 200mm and 140 rear exhaust stock NZXT case fans, with a fan controller. Should I go ahead and just swap out all the fans with the 120mm eloop b-12 PWM's all around? My thinking is it will be matched for noise levels and everythung will be run with the PWM functionality or should I keep a 140 exhaust? I'm thinking I should grab 5 more eloops to swap out and for a 120.2 rad which will go in the front...maybe even another UT60 120.3 but I really don't want to lose my hdd cage and storage drive(s)

Back