• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Kepler GTX700 (600?) series info here ->

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just to avoid confusion/disappointment, the link above is for a modified bracket (the part where the display connections are) with more/larger opening for better airflow.

It is NOT for a backplate!

Backplate is free to first 200 registered NA users..

With limited launch day supply and the speed at which they sold out, I think your odds are decent. Good luck.

Very nice to see this card is much smaller than some other stuff. I hope this trend continues!

I dont like to see it and im user of SFF. Why? Because usualy they fit a cooler of the shape of the card. Now when card is much shorter the cooler may get weaker too. Most important thing is cooling, not necessarely size as long as it can keep below 27. In term a much smaller cooler can do the same work such as a huge one, then i would like to see the work from a huge one, resulting in even better work, even less noise and even better for small systems. As i said, there is not a single gamer SFF unable to carry 27 cm, because the PSU is the limitation, not the size of a card. Finally all you get is nothing, because i dont know a single system who truly got the need for it. On a SFF when i run into the 95° barrier (my personal continued heat limit, peak = 100°) either it gets noisy. If cooler cant keep up, it would mean that the clock can not be maintained, means the need to clock down the GPU and finally loss of performance. On cards of 27 cm size, heat is 100% manageable, even at OC, but i dunno if it would work at shorter cards with almost equal TDP. But i still dont know how much TDP 680 got, probably still above 200W which is bit to much for its size.

Last edited:
Just to avoid confusion/disappointment, the link above is for a modified bracket (the part where the display connections are) with more/larger opening for better airflow.

It is NOT for a backplate!

With limited launch day supply and the speed at which they sold out, I think your odds are decent. Good luck.

I meant to type bracket, I was just half asleep when I did it! I wonder if it will actually do anything, my card doesn't seem to get over 70C as it is currently!

A fast car is being made even faster by improving every single piece of it, not just by increasing the aerodynamics from its nose. But as long as someone will believe that it truly helps a lot... it works. Doesnt cost a lot for EVGA and a customer might buy a expensive piece. A chinese manufactury could build like 1 million of those brackets in a single day but EVGA only got 200 of those for the fastest customers? Fun! I do recommend rather to wait for true aftermarket solutions and not believing into magicka to much.

Last edited:
I've never seen a group so eager to put a product offering down with no evidence. Truly remarkable.

The bracket is probably one part of EVGA's upcoming non-reference offerings. Instead of making their customers wait, pay for the part, or trade up to a non-reference card whenever they become available, EVGA gave away 200 of them to the first 200 who signed up for one. EVGA also already has a 680 backplate available.

It's not "magicka", the reference bracket is pretty crowded and the outlet vent isn't exactly full sized. The outlet vent on my GTX260 is much larger. Whether it makes an actual temperature difference on a 195 watt TDP part remains to be seen, but those buying these cards and overclocking the hell out of them aren't bound by that 195 watt TDP, so extra airflow is probably welcome.

To go back to your fast car analogy, if the nose of the car is lifting at speed, that improved bit of aerodynamics can make a substantial difference if it's the part keeping the car from going faster. It's not about belief, it's about identifying a weakness and finding a solution. EVGA is typically pretty good at that.

Hopefully within 67 days. :p

Its been asked before in the thread and so far, nobody responded with anything.

Some googling yielded me a lot of april guesses. I hope it's true. I thought about the 680, but since I have 2 months I'll wait and see 670 performance and if it's not released or not atleast as strong as a 580 I'll just go with the 680. Plus the 680 may be cheaper in 2 months anyway.

+1... I wouldnt call it a group either. If so, its an awfully small group. Barely plural. :p

Still says the 27th... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

+1... I wouldnt call it a group either. If so, its an awfully small group. Barely plural. :p

Fair enough, I'm probably just crotchety due to typing up too many microbiology lab reports.

The 670 question is interesting, I wondered about it too. Typically nVidia launches the top GPU and "partially disabled" GPU parts together. Given the issues with the 28nm process and yields, it would stand to reason that partially functional GPUs would be available for use. I haven't seen any chatter about a cut down GK104 on any of the rumor sites though. Hopefully it's coming soon. Having a good top end part is great, but it's those mid range (and mid priced!) cards that I tend to go after.

NVIDIA to Launch GeForce GTX 670Ti and GTX 670 in May 2012, No GTX 560Ti Replacement till 2H 2012

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-launch-geforce-gtx-670ti-gtx-670-2012-gtx-560ti-replacement-2h-2012/

NVIDIA is said to launch two more Kepler GK104 products in the upcoming months – The GeForce GTX 670Ti and GeForce GTX 670. The details were gathered by Andrew Gibson AKA “Gibbo” (OCUK Procurement Manager) who had access to some of the latest NVIDIA roadmaps, He has further detailed that the Mid-Range GTX 560Ti Replacement Aka GTX 660 would not be launched until much later in 2012.

The GeForce GTX 670Ti and GTX 670 would be Gk104 based products replacing the GeForce GTX 580/570 at a price range of £320/£240 respectively. Performance of these parts would be lesser than the flagship GeForce GTX 680 due to lower clockspeed/cores, In return they would again provide a competitive Performance and Price per watt. Both GPU’s would feature 2GB GDDR5 Memory running across a 256-bit wide memory interface, GPU manufacturers could later aim for 4GB models, Galaxy/EVGA are already working on 4Gb variants of GeForce GTx 680.

The sad news is that we won’t be looking at any Mid-Range replacement for the 560Ti till late 2012. Low end parts 620/640 series would be a rebrand of the past Fermi based GPU’s. Also for now, GTX 680 would remain the flagship , NVIDIA could release a faster flagship card this year in October-December timeframe if rival AMD comes up with another refresh allegedly the Sea Island based 8000 Series in the upcoming months.

just wondering does anyone even keep track of image quality now a days vs performance?

i remember both ATI and Nvidia gaining performance crowns at one time or another by dupeing the other with image quality drops.

is there some kind of standard image quality used monitored by a tool in any of these bench marks that are out?

The GTX 670 will be a GK104, have 2GB of Vram, a 256Bit Bus and cost £240, did i read that right?

just wondering does anyone even keep track of image quality now a days vs performance?

i remember both ATI and Nvidia gaining performance crowns at one time or another by dupeing the other with image quality drops.

is there some kind of standard image quality used monitored by a tool in any of these bench marks that are out?

This is kinda important given that nVidia are using a new type of AA, looking at the demo it looked like it was just blurring the objects outline to smooth out the jaggies.

Last edited:
Back