• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keyboard modding potential?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Simplest would probably be replacing the LED's with ones you want, like red ones to match your case or red mx510.

moding is all upto yoa man.
um keyboard that i canthink of dont need to be modded much u could paint it or ya change the led's
no one can really tell u how to mod
by th way the keyboard doesnt look that good i woulnt buy it.
look into somthing more with style
like a gaming keyboard, or a logiteck eliet keyboard

lol they're selling it as having "keyboard lighting" ?!?

my monitor does that :p

...seriously threeme has the right idea - if you want to mod something to make it your own and unique, start with a five dollar beige basic keyboard and go nuts - then you won't have pesky "useful time saving" keys and functions you'll never use, you won't have to deal with making a tripped out keyboard but finding a way to hide the "Dell/Logitech/whathaveyou" logos blazoned througout, and you can really not worry about losing much more than your time if you screw something up, since it would be a cheapo keyboard to begin with...

the only reason NOT to get such a basic keyboard is because (seeing as even noname generics function quite well) they simply look "blah..." if you're going to mod to change the looks anyway, you may as well save some money ^^

also this hasn't been recommended yet in this thread, but a cool mod (from a practical standpoint) would be to add USB/flash memory reading ports/slots on the back edges of a keyboard that doesn't otherwise have one... i recall seeing a really cool guide to this (for usb) that i wish I had bookmarked... if someone else has seen it plz link it... its essential to any good "how can i mod a keyboard" thread ;)

Back