• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Havig fits finding drivers Abit KD7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

Hello Everybody, I am having a hard time trying to ID my sound chip on this board..I don't want to use a sound card because I may have to sell this unit because of money woes.
Anyway the board is an Abit KD7 Raid with KT400/VT8235 chipset..and the only thing I cannot get going is the sound. The Via Hyperion drivers failed with some cryptic error, some other company is letting you download some driver updater software (letting you think that it is the driver itself) only to find that you have to pay for any download that it offers :bang head I don't want to have to give up one of my SB Live's, but I will if I have to.
Anybody know where I can find a Abit driver disk for this board, or a reliable driver for this old dog?
Anybody here ever use this board?
Is this board as rare as my 815E slot one? :confused:
I know it's old as dirt, but there must be somebody out there that has played with the KD7 Raid.
Thanks in advance for any and all info you can give.
Doc

Back