• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MBO problems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabrielx

Registered
Hello,

So i got a new videocard for my computer, I got an XFX radeon hd 5770 video card, I installed it on my Mbo turn on the computer and it was not recorgnize, so i put the cd that the video card got and it did nothing I read the installlation guide and it said " it is advised to disable any onboard graphic adapters, either by jumper on the mainboard or by changing the grhapic adapter priority in the mainboard BIOS" so i went to my Bios and click on something called internal gaphic mode and disable it... cuz And now i understand i did a mistake when it restarted nothign appear the computer doesnt do anythin I try an dput the mbo cd on the computer and the bios doesnt appear as well. My MOBO is a asus m4a89gtd pro usb any hel wil be apreciated

Does this new video card require a dedicated power lead coming from the PSU or is it designed to get all its power from the PCI-e slot?

Take out the cmos battery for several hours to do a "deep reset" of the bios, then put it back in. Then retry with onboard video enabled. If it boots into Windows, go into bios and disable onboard next reboot. A video card should operate in basic low level VGA mode without having to install the proprietary 3D accelerators that come with the video card driver install disc.

Last edited:
ok Bios problem fixes thanks :) but im still so confuse with the new gpu installation that to be honest i dont even want to touch it lol

Back