• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a dual 120mm fan case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cwol

Registered
I am wanting something that has good air flow but still takes advantage of the larger 120mm fans to keep thing quieter. Maybe something with a little flair but won't break the bank to buy...like 50-75 bucks or so I would say at most...Something without fans or psu would be good as it might keep the cost down. Anyone with a good suggestion?

How about a antec super lanboy? dual 120 mm fans, fairly small and nice looking, but may be a bit expensive for you. (I think they're about 70 bucks, but that's before shipping.)

Yeah I had looked at the Lan Boy but I think the front fan cover looks cheesy to me plus seems that the reviews for it are okay but most say it is a flimsy case. I also would like a support rail for the psu. Another thing that I would like to see is a better way to remove the side panel like a handle/lock mechanism. Honestly if I was going to buy a case today I would probably look at the Tsunami or Soprano as they seem to have everything that I would want; however the front of the Soprano is plastic and I have read in a couple places that the Tsunami is loud...plus both are on the higher end of what I would look to spend on a case and many people seem to have some serious beef with TT saying that they just steal designs....To be honest though there are alot of cases that look similar so why shouldn't a company make a more budget oriented product that won't set you back $200+. Well now I am off topic but really I would like to see Antec come out with a new case that has some style, 90 deg HDD bays, Dual 120 cooling, removable MB tray, and No front door or atleast a metal one if there is.
Why is it that most case makes choose 3+ 80mm fans when I think most people would preferr to see 120mm....Am I wrong or does it seem that case makers aren't really paying attention to what people are looking for and just making that same junk again and again?
Sorry for the rant but it seems that with the number of cases on the market there should be alot more quality cases below $100 that high all these features. :-/

cwol said:
Why is it that most case makes choose 3+ 80mm fans when I think most people would preferr to see 120mm....Am I wrong or does it seem that case makers aren't really paying attention to what people are looking for and just making that same junk again and again?
Sorry for the rant but it seems that with the number of cases on the market there should be alot more quality cases below $100 that high all these features. :-/
Although I understand your concerns, there are two factors (at least) that you are ignoring.
First...if you are a case manufacturer, you have already invested in the dies/tooling to stamp out the chassis panels and it's a lot more efficient (read:cheaper) to change the external panels and foist the result off as "new".
Hence the glut of "gamer's cases" which are identical under the hood and vary only in the gaudiness of the plastic gee-gaws stuck on the exterior.

Second... don't lose sight of the fact that we ( and everybody in these forums) are a definite minority. Most people own Dells or eMachines and are probably unaware that there are ANY fans in the case much less what size they may be.
What you consider to be necessary minimum requirements for a good case ( i.e. big fans, removable mobo tray, etc) are in fact pretty extreme specs, way beyond the needs and desires of the average consumer.
It's expensive to be on the cutting edge (or even within sight of it).

clocker2 said:
Although I understand your concerns, there are two factors (at least) that you are ignoring.
First...if you are a case manufacturer, you have already invested in the dies/tooling to stamp out the chassis panels and it's a lot more efficient (read:cheaper) to change the external panels and foist the result off as "new".
Hence the glut of "gamer's cases" which are identical under the hood and vary only in the gaudiness of the plastic gee-gaws stuck on the exterior.

Second... don't lose sight of the fact that we ( and everybody in these forums) are a definite minority. Most people own Dells or eMachines and are probably unaware that there are ANY fans in the case much less what size they may be.
What you consider to be necessary minimum requirements for a good case ( i.e. big fans, removable mobo tray, etc) are in fact pretty extreme specs, way beyond the needs and desires of the average consumer.
It's expensive to be on the cutting edge (or even within sight of it).

Agreed 110% if you want a great case take a look at the lian-li cases availible most everywhere. They are not cheap most are over 100$ but they are extremely well made and come with the features you are looking for. I have an antec super lan boy as well and its crappy compared to my lian-li. The construction is completely inferior and after taking off the side panel a couple of times it no longer fits correctly. The only possitive thing I have to say about the superlanboy is that its very easy to mod due to the thinness of the aluminum panels. The lian-li in contrast beats the snot out of my dremel. :)

Good points and I do agree with clocker2 and snvpa very much actually... I guess I was just frusturated with my seemingly endless searching that turned up not much at all. The case that drewthomas is pretty much what I am looking for but I just wish that it had a bit more look to it. I am of the mind that since I spent time building and working on a pc that I am proud of I would like it to look like it is a pc that I build myself not a pc that I picked up from any Dell, HP, whatever it maybe.... I guess that is where case modding can come into play. Thanks for the comments everyone.

Back