• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Mod Gallery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daniel ~

Add your pics to this thread, NOT LINKS to your pics, and a description of your machine or work you've done to accomplish your mod........and please keep all comments/questions here.

Last edited:
Hi ,here's some pic of my newly finshed casemod
I can still smell the paint

case4.jpg

Her's you can see my case logo more clearly.I got it from an Hercules 3D prophet MX 64 box
the case matches the collor of my monitor now
case6.jpg

Blowhole in the top of my case , those T-birds do get HOT

case11.jpg

Replaced the case grill with a chrome grill ( better airflow ) maar and looks nice. Not that i'm always watching at the back of my case

case7.jpg

Here's the inside of my Pc

case2.jpg

And finaly my Logo as seen in the dark , "mama please leave the light on I'm scared in the dard "

case22.jpg

so far my Casemod, please let me know what you thing ,and if you don't like it LIE

GreetZ Neo

First, is last weekends project. Did the window myself. It's not OC'd as this is my everyday work PC.
bluelighting_side3.jpg

bluelighting_top2.jpg

The big red monster I'm still working on...
I'm not sure if you'll see it in the pictures, but it has gold handles, gold expansion plate (where expansion cards connect to), gold metal plate for mounting the HD's and CD-ROM's. Also, its modded with 120mm fan in back and a 120mm fan (radiator is in the picture) in front.

reddevil_front.jpg

reddevil_back.jpg
reddevil_side1.jpg

Some day I'll try water cooling :D

Last edited:
Athlon XP 1900+ AGOGA
Thermalright AX-7
Ducted cooling
512mb PC2700 DDR RAM
Geforce 4 Ti4200 64mb DDR
20gb HDD
40gb HDD
Winfast TV2000XP
25dba
0_c_front.jpg

0_bday1.jpg

P.S. It only weighs 25lb, hence why it has a shoulder strap :)

Last edited:
Here is GrunT the CasE

This is before the H2O. I'm due for delivery anyday now!
good%20detail.JPG

DCP00230.JPG

color-theme54.75K.jpg

lights-off82.1K.jpg

good-inside115.9K.jpg

colage-3.jpg

I have 3 UV cathodes anf 1 blue. I think the blue is off in most of the pics. I used a couple different UV reactive paints on the cards and such.

I had drawn a pic for my tattoo back in the early 90's (Pearl Jam days) and thought that would make an awesome window. Spent about 50 hours trying to get just an outline of it. Got it perfected and took it to A-Z Manufacturing in Independence MO and had them do it with a big ole 2000watt laser! Be careful of the guys using under 1500watt ones for aluminum and under 1000 for steel. They dont cut it as pretty and can melt the aluminum instead of cutting it.
I had the plexi etched with the detail of the bulldog by PCMutants. They're a great place to buy everything. The worst problem is that they don't update their site often so u have to call to find out if they have what your looking for, but they're almost always the cheapest in town AND they have free shipping.
Thanks for the compliments!
By the way, check out the fan grills with the lights on and then off! I found that paint at http://www.clearneon.com

OK

Here's an update to GrunT the CasE. He's now liquid cooled.
yellow-inside169.1k.jpg

radiator85.83k.jpg

front-side-cd-open91.68k.jpg

WB-close-yellow17.87k.jpg

GF3-and-yellow170.6k.jpg

I also stealthed the drives and added the digidoc that I modded. Soon to come are strobe lights!

Heres a pic of the blue dye in the water

good-inside%2089.62k.jpg

All temps F, Obviously

Asus A7V266-E, XP1900@1800 1.85v, GF3 @ 237/535, WD 7200 80GB

H2O / OCZ Goliath w/Delta 80mm
Room 75 / Same
Ambient case 78 / 83
Idle 92 / 133
Full load 98 / 148
GF3 f load 106 / 111
bridge 96 / 101
hdd 86 / 95

By removing the heat from the hsf, It improved all my temps greatly. Without making any changes to my settings, My 3DMark score went up 300. After some tweaking, I'm now getting 8606. Not bad for an XP1900 with GF3. I need a new board! My ASUS doesn't like to go over 150fsb. I think I'll try the Epox.

I just painted my drives today. Right now, I've got my CDRW and my SuperDisk in there now. If you can, I would try to get a charcoal colored paint, as you can see the black is too dark. Kinda ****es me off, but it looks better than have beige/white bezels.

Attachments

• frontpanel01.jpg
    frontpanel01.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 21,089
I AM 1337

The following case is 12 x 10 x 6 inches in size, weighs 10 pounds, and I custom made it's case from Polycarbonate Plastic (Lexan).
The 300W 1U power supply is sitting on the right hand side.
1_ingram1.jpg

1_ingram2.jpg

1_ingram3.jpg

UPDATE: DIY Tut available through e-mail ([email protected])
This computer was sold for $450 (I spent $250 building it, so I couldn't resist, hehehe)

COMMENTS PLEASE!!!!

Last edited:
Well, sence cruzin the forums, Iv desided to do a few mods myself. Thanks for the inspiration and ideas everyone. I started with just a simple paint job and adding some fans in the side. Watercooling, a window, and lights r next. I have some design ideas for building a case, that will come later. I also am going to do the HD window mod along with the cdrom.

Charlie

Attachments

• computer - side pic 1.jpg
    computer - side pic 1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 20,790
and the other side... the case is gloss black and the bezel is a hammered med metalic blue... looks alot better then in the pictures...

the seperation lines between the bezel and side panels must be glare from the flash... I also have the fan guards installed.. looks better..

i forgot to mention the black fades into the blue on the sides of the bezel... well, I guess you can see that in the pic's...

Charlie

Attachments

• computer - side pic 2.jpg
    computer - side pic 2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 20,389
A Friend of a Friend wanted a gaming system built for as little Ca$h as possible. At the same time I was looking into upgrading my computer so I cut him a deal on the parts (I was upgrading anyways). He gave me full authority to do whatever I wanted to the case in order to make it as PhAt as it can get for CheAp. It includes a "D" shaped window, a Window on and above the DVD drive, a front intake, LED lighting, 2 Chromed fans and One White fan, Matching keyboard, Matching mouse, AND matching speakers.

Sorry, I didn't get any pictures in the dark, my digital camera sucks at those.
_dbox.jpg

_dbox_front.jpg

_dbox_dvdw.jpg

_dbox_hsf.jpg

_dbox_mouse.jpg

Total cost to customer = $560
Total cash in my pocket afterwards = $240
Getting payed to mod = Priceless

New LAN rig

Woohoo! I got a power sander last week and sanded down my $10 Steel LAN case and now I don't want to paint it because I fell in love with the "delorian" look of the naked steel.

invader2.jpg

invader1.jpg

The whole case is only 12" x 15" x 3.5" and will soon house a mobile gaming system. Temporarily outfitted with Celeron 300@600, 128MB RAM, 10GB HDD. In September it might switch to a Duron 900 and 256MB PC2100 DDR. But that depends on how much I enjoy the current setup which is completely silent.

I'll add the blacklight and windows soon.

Last edited:
Back