• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 New AMD CPUs ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Nothing really new just some rebranding and binning it seems. Along with price drops. So we may just see more of the 9590 hitting the forums. :bang head

AMD doesn't talk much about the FX series of chips. Rather, it focusses attention on to an array of APUs that provide the base for inexpensive, feature-rich systems.

The dearth of news regarding the FX line may well be broken soon. Coming from the same people that informed us about the so-called FX Centurion back in April 2013, renamed to FX-9590 in retail guise, we now have a few more tidbits for you.

Said FX-9590, currently retailing at £225, will drop to around £175 on September 1, thereby competing against the Core i5-4690K. AMD says the FX 9590's greater multi-core ability will give it a clear and obvious lead for power users.

AMD will introduce three new FX 8-series CPUs at the same time, with two running at 95W, while the price of the popular FX-6300 is to drop from £80 to around £70.

Price cuts are the only way forward for the FX range until a new architecture takes over. Are these severe enough for you to reconsider the FX CPUs for your next PC build?
http://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/73365-amd-set-slash-fx-cpu-pricing-september-1/

That's going to make the 9590 tempting with all the extra radiator I have...

That's going to make the 9590 tempting with all the extra radiator I have...

It's not you I'm worried about ATM. That kind of temptation will certainly show up in here with the I spent too much on my processor so I could only afford this board. :shrug:

It's not you I'm worried about ATM. That kind of temptation will certainly show up in here with the I spent too much on my processor so I could only afford this board. :shrug:

Yeah, because I'd buy a 990FX Extreme9 or GA-990FXA-UD5 to support that chip.

My first thought was also "well, here comes the bubbling VRMs..."

Hmmmmmm........ yup could be interesting. was on Canada computer last night and noticed 9590 listed at 125 watt...... higher priced then the regular 220w version mind you. Not sure what to think of that mind you.

Well now that is weird, there are chips out there that run some decent clocks with low voltage. Maybe AMD finally figured out how to pick them

Ya not sure how they'll swing the higher clock lower TDP but like I said those CPUs are out there. Have to wonder if it would clock like a madman since it would need a lower VID. Or will it just go to 4.5 and peter out. Gee I wonder. Too bad it's $200 or I'd be tempted to find out.

Or will it just go to 4.5 and peter out. .

That is the most likely scenario. C_D had one that had the lower P-states but 4.8Ghz was dead dog it...NO matter how much Vcore he hit it with and we know C_D is not afraid of Vcore. Hehehe.
RGone...ster.

Ya not sure how they'll swing the higher clock lower TDP but like I said those CPUs are out there. Have to wonder if it would clock like a madman since it would need a lower VID. Or will it just go to 4.5 and peter out. Gee I wonder. Too bad it's $200 or I'd be tempted to find out.
Binning would be my guess. :thup:

Binning would be my guess. :thup:

Ya that's kinda what I figured. Pretty sure they haven't changed anything in the CPU, the process is probably a bit more refined now and they're getting a higher quality rate.
Really all they're doing is trying to keep the money train rolling with these "new" CPUs and price drops. What else can they do? :shrug:

Ya that's kinda what I figured. Pretty sure they haven't changed anything in the CPU, the process is probably a bit more refined now and they're getting a higher quality rate.
Really all they're doing is trying to keep the money train rolling with these "new" CPUs and price drops. What else can they do? :shrug:

Release something new. They have them kaveris. Release them in FX form.

Back