• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Water coolant problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Uzui2012

Registered
Hi,

I'v posted here once before about a year ago about my custom made pc's pump not fully working, it is now. However I think my loop needs more coolant as little air gets into the loop from the reservoir. I'v looked around for the coolant first used in my loop (EC 6 Non Conductive Coolant Thermochill Uv Blue) but unable to find any in stock and even it being discontinued.

So I was hoping you guys could either point me in the direction of a place to get some, or whether or not I could just add a similar product to the loop already.

Answers asap would be grateful.

Cheers, Uzui

Last edited:
Uzui if your looking to just add a little more of same, ie top off the fluid to remove the air bubble, and cant find any, just add a little distilled water. EC6 coolant is mostly distilled water but with anti-corrosion protection, biocide, etc added.

But if planning on draining or you have used the loop for year or 2 and need to drain, then I would go route mimart7 suggested.

Uzui if your looking to just add a little more of same, ie top off the fluid to remove the air bubble, and cant find any, just add a little distilled water. EC6 coolant is mostly distilled water but with anti-corrosion protection, biocide, etc added.

But if planning on draining or you have used the loop for year or 2 and need to drain, then I would go route mimart7 suggested.

Hi,

Cheers for the help, I think ill just add the little bit of required distiled water. When my loop becomes a bit older Ill drain the thing and just use the recomended homebrew coolant you guys recommend. Cheers again for the help.

Uzui

Your best bet is to use distilled water and a kill coil. Colored coolant can gunk up your blocks. This will require a complete tear down and cleaning your your loop. You can get tubing in the color you want. http://www.primochill.com/product/primoflex-advanced-lrt/

This. +1 :thup:

I would do a complete tear down. I would honestly do it and make sure everything is cleared of gunk in your block channels. While doing that I would replace the tubing with the colored primochill advanced LRT of your choice. I'd than stick with distilled water and kill coil as previously stated.

Another vote for distilled + kill coil. One of my previous loops was setup for over 2 years with no problems, no build-up on parts when I did tear it down

Back