• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for case!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperMiguel

Super User
So i want to water cool my rig 3930k and 4 290x... The 290x generate to much heat and i guess they need to be water cooled! So i guess before i start water cooling i need a new case.. Was thinking about the 900D... but not sure if it has enough space... Like i currently have 1 1050W PSU and can only run 3 of this cards without OC, so ill need to get another PSU or a way bigger one.. Whats the recommendation on that? and does the 900D support dual PSU?

I would not go that route

custom water as four of them will still choke the fans on that unit.

That is a lot of heat with a TDP of 300 watts that is 1200 and throw another 130 watt for the CPU, that is all at stock.

if the 1050 is a quality unit you could run the CPU and two of them off of that and grab a quality 750 to run the other two cards.

however you may consider just matching it with another 1050 as you will have a lot of things going on if you go full blown custom water, but as stated a 750 would do it

you are going to need a beast of a case to fit enough rads to cool this as well as accommodations for two power supplies, thinking you will need 2x 4.120 to do this and even at that will have to deal with some noise,

CaseLabs comes to mind, this particular case could accommodate such a system

http://www.caselabs-store.com/magnum-sth10/

good luck

Wondering if i should get all 4 cards now or get 3 now, then later the other 1. Just worried they will discontinue the model i got, and i wont be able to match them later :S

Anyways this build will take me few months to complete

any guess on how much will the entire water cooling will cost?

Last edited:
ok 4x 290 -> +1200 Watts
Add +100 W for CPU
some bits & bobs & pump(s)

you'll need to house TWO PSUs AND at least 3x 120.4 or 2x MO-RA3

you are definitely in CaseLabs territory .. a TX-10 me thinks

Unless you want to build something from scratch... some MDF, some Plexi, a hammer, ... :)

Forget the NZXT KRAKEN G10 stuff. When you ready to sink that kind money into such build. You want custom build water loop. If it was me, I would go 900D or Phantek Enthoo Primo case. Do 2 480mmm radiators, top/buttom mount. This should take care of 4 290x and 3930K. Just pick up and 1500/1600W PSU.

TX-10 is the largest case for PC? I mean this thing is freak me out when I google about this case. Unbelievable case..

Last edited:
will 2 of this cards run on air for few months until i get the money to get all the water cooling stuff + case? i read many ppl saying that they generate to much heat and are un usable on air if you crossfire them

Forget the NZXT KRAKEN G10 stuff. When you ready to sink that kind money into such build. You want custom build water loop. If it was me, I would go 900D or Phantek Enthoo Primo case. Do 2 480mmm radiators, top/buttom mount. This should take care of 4 290x and 3930K. Just pick up and 1500/1600W PSU.

TX-10 is the largest case for PC? I mean this thing is freak me out when I google about this case. Unbelievable case..

oh.. there is always bigger.. like a server rack cabinet :)
all.jpg

"i'm not sure 2x 120x4 will be enough radiator, if they were 60mm thick and push/pull then maybe. I think you'll need an additional 120x2 radiator. I'd go for a total of at least 120x10 for the entire system."

Well, if he don't mind running some high rpm fans. Black Ice GTX480x 2 can dissipate over 1600 wattage. That is more than enough.

OP needs to start with the water cooling basics if he's about to drop this kind of cash. I would advise looking at Caselab or MountainMods cases if he decides to go with a all internal clean looking system with a low noise level setup @ full load.

If he has a case already he wants to keep or the custom cases are too much, I'd advise in grabbing a MORA rad (120.9) and running the whole system of off that. Might have to run the rad fans a bit higher in the 1500+ RPM range than say the 800 RPM. Grab some quality premium fans, eloop B12s come to mind, and a serial dual pump system.

Take your time and read out basic water cooling stickies up above in this section. There's a lot to learn and once you have a list of the water components you're interested in we'll than assist you but you have to do the homework yourself. :p

Really. That sux. I've been eye balling one of their test benches. Fudge. Looks like Dimastech then. Thanks for the info.

Back