• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for an upgrade....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had my 2600 xt in with my 2600 pro and everything posted and ran fine but I found out that the pro didn't do crossfire which was disappointing....

Edit:

How much of an upgrade would this card be? (I'm assuming my psu could handle it) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814186037

Or should I just OC the **** out of my current card and go with the cpu?

Last edited:
I had my 2600 xt in with my 2600 pro and everything posted and ran fine but I found out that the pro didn't do crossfire which was disappointing....

Edit:

How much of an upgrade would this card be? (I'm assuming my psu could handle it) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814186037

Or should I just OC the **** out of my current card and go with the cpu?
That card should present a nice upgrade, about twice as fast as your current card. If your PSU lives up to it's amp ratings, you should be fine :)

Here are my current specs.... Dual-core Celeron e1400 oc'd to 3Ghz stable and cool. 512MB 2600xt, 4GB of DDR2, 580watt psu etc....

So what should I upgrade if I only have 100 bucks to dish out? a better cpu like an E2220 which has twice my current cache and should reach higher clocks?

A new video card (I found an 8800 GT for 100 bucks but it's 256 MB -_-)

Or should I pop another 2600xt in there and do crossfire? Any other ideas?

I can't decide if I want to upgrade my machine or if I should fix my girlfriend's pickup in here guitar lol....

I would save up and the maximum type of cpu your motherbaord can handle. I would tell you what that is but can't even find the DD2 type on the Intel site and can't even find the motherboard section on the AMD site. I'm sure somebody else on here knows the answer to that.

Thanks for all the help guys! However, my girlfriend gave me those puppy dog eyes and I caved.... So I actually got her pickup replaced in her guitar lol.

But seriously though, even though I'm broke now you guys helped me allot. I now know to save up for a psu lol

Back