• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gamertag recocery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I have 2 Xbox 360's, one in the town I work at and one at home, where I spend the weekends. the one at home has a Silver account and the other one has a Gold. This weekend I picked up Lego Harry Potter and since I was starting new, I did the Gamertag recovery to the home system to have the gamerscore in case I take the game to the city with me. I started the Savegame on a flash drive. I have to admit I never thought passed that step. Will the account back at the other system update when I log on to Live now? Will having that Profile on 2 boxes cause any problems, like with Forza 2 or 3?

I've never had problems with the games I play (MW2, etc). I don't remember having problems switching 360's.
It's been a while since I played though, so maybe someone else can answer your questions.

It shouldn't cause any issues when you gain an achievement and just sign into the other console it should automatically update the achievements list with the new ones added and gained.

The only issue I had once when I had a 360 a few years back was during the recovery process on my own console it failed to download the gamertag, after an hours wait and 2nd attempt it was fine.

Back