• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron 700 OC Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bushmaster

I overclocked my Celeron 700 to 874, set voltage to 1.8.

Couldn't run Giants at all--wouldn't load (unrelated issue?).

I ran AoEII: Conquerors for a short time, and then when I exited the game, the system crashed, reporting an error in dibeng.dll. Never saw that one before.

I figured the 1.8v setting would be good, but maybe I need to go up or down a hair or two?

You cards might not like the out of spec bus speed. The default is 33mhz for PCI and at 83 mhz it is at 41 which most cards won't like.
What cards do you have in you computer?

You could try bumping your voltages up a little more, but it's prolly your IDE and PCI doing 41.5Mhz (instead of 33.3Mhz) that's giving you troubles. A lot of devices (NIC's and some soundcards) and HDD's don't like that high speed. It's much safer to run your system at 75Mhz FSB which gives you a 37.5Mhz PCI and IDE that'll perform stable and still noticeably faster than 33.3Mhz. I ran a Celeron 400 @ 75Mhz bus for two years without any problems, and now I'm running a 800 @ 112Mhz (112/3 is also 37.5 ;-))

the celery 700 doesnt go upto 75mhz FSB, atleast on my system, and i also noted that during loading with my 840 mhz celery 2k takes a while to load, oh well

Back