• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new all time fav program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
like this, so it is all on one line and you don't have to hover

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    52 KB · Views: 252
yes, there isn't an install. just drag to startup or just run the program. i always forget the date, so this program is amazing!!

I tried all those other programs and I just wanted something that didn't try to integrate into everything. I like this program cause it is just and exe and doesn't do anything that you are unaware of.

i just have my taskbar stretched two rows high, (displays time and date) and set it to auto hide.
its just the way ive allways done it, and i dont have to bother with downloading anything...

Serious Samurize can do this and much more and not eat up all that system tray space. It isn't hard to set up either.

I'm also playing with Desktop Sidebar. It's very similar to the one in Vista and it's free.

SWEET! they updated it so it actually blends with the taskbar. I have been using Tclock since windows 2000. I love it for the fact i can have the startmenu from the clock. Confuses the hell out of people that use my computer.

synthetic_fenix said:
SWEET! they updated it so it actually blends with the taskbar. I have been using Tclock since windows 2000. I love it for the fact i can have the startmenu from the clock. Confuses the hell out of people that use my computer.

Yea, this new update is nice! It looks like it belongs there. I'm not sure if you can find another program that only takes 2MB of RAM and does what you want. Except of course expanding the taskbar, but I hate a 2 row high taskbar.

orionlion82 said:
i just have my taskbar stretched two rows high, (displays time and date) and set it to auto hide.
its just the way ive allways done it, and i dont have to bother with downloading anything...
As of about 3 months ago, I do this as well (well, not the auto-hide -- that's always annoyed me). Not only do you get the bonus of seeing an expanded date, but managing a ton of windows is also a lot easier! If you don't have the vertical screen space to dedicate though, this sounds like a very cool little util :)

JigPu

JigPu said:
As of about 3 months ago, I do this as well (well, not the auto-hide -- that's always annoyed me). Not only do you get the bonus of seeing an expanded date, but managing a ton of windows is also a lot easier! If you don't have the vertical screen space to dedicate though, this sounds like a very cool little util :)

JigPu
Exactly what I do. I started using quiclaunches and I have 2 full rows of them so I stretch the bar 2 rows up. I have lots of windows open and it all works our nicely IMO, no software needed.

JigPu said:

JigPu
I do this as well and have been for ages, its a great thing. More room to see what windows you have open, fully expanded date, and your quicklaunches dont stretch way across your screen. But for me I always liked the 'expanded' look, one of my biggest pet peeves with XP was the 'consolidate like programs" setting thing, it bugged the crap outa me. Which is why I also hate IE 7 with its tabs, though Im getting a little used to firefox by using Ubuntu, but I digress.

Frankly anything designed to do something like that which already exists in a usable form in the OS, while nifty, is a waste of system resources (as if windows didn't use enough). But to each thier own :) oh and samurize is cool, that is on my To-Do list lol.

orionlion82 said:

Dido, i use quicklaunch foe everything, so top is progs, bottom is minimzed apps area and i get the full date / time and day.

Cool progy. As long as I have been around I was not aware that pasting a shortcut in the startup folder would launch it with windows. I also added speedfan shortcut and ticked the start minimized button and now it starts up in the tray as well. Thanks.

Back