• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

COD BO: Hackers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

X0d1@k

I love this game. COD MW2 was the first game were i really jumped into the MP experience. Having said that, Im currently a Black Ops junkie. Love the game!

I was recently banned from a server, for trying to have a constructive argument on hackers in BO. I dont hack, and i usually place about halfway in TDM, and more often than not, top 4 players in FFA, of the servers i goto. I think im ok, i love the game! I really like making players mad, i love the negative energy i get, its HILARIOUS! I feel like a comedian grilling a heckler. I wish i could play consoles, cause they cry, ***** and moan the most!

I dont know if ive ever played with hackers on BO, or MW2. Some people are just good! I played the Berlin Wall today, first time, and placed second! 26/9!!!

Anyways, as a player who does not hack (my Steam acct is too expensive to replace at this point), is it worth it to hack? Should a player take advantage of every hack they can get? It just seems like a pissing game, who gets number 1 and what not. I dont understand.

Some people must equate their self worth with how "good" they are. Im not one, i just find it funny people STILL complain about that. Its like a single guy constantly complaining about gettting an STD or something. Wear a condom, or quit getting funky with Mrs 1 Am right?

At this point i will continue to play BO, without a condom, and enjoy every second.

I play a lot of Black Ops but I'm a die hard try hard. For me to have fun I need at least a 2 to 1 KD but that's just me. I usually place first and I of course don't hack but I've had a good amount of people accuse me for it. They mostly do it because they are pissed that they lost or didn't perform well. I've accused people before cause I didn't do well. But the biggest reason why people accuse you of hacking, I feel is that there isn't any trust in the PC community. PC is extremely easy to hack unlike console where you have to jump through many more hoops. Since it's so easy everyone assumes you'll be doing it if you do well. I went 43-0 on Nuke Town which was just hilarious but some people thought I was hacking and rightfully so :) I've came across a couple blatant hackers that were aim botting and really obvious that they were cheating. Wall hacking is a lot more difficult to tell if they are in fact doing it. I get kicked out of COD4 a lot because they allow voting and I've gotten voted off because I was doing extremely well.

I don't know how many times I have been kicked/banned from servers thinking I was hacking. There are litterally servers where if you have greater than a certain KD ratio you will be kicked, WTF!?

I never really understood the point of hacking in video games, imo it totally ruins the whole purpose of the game. If you check out the theater there are tonnes of hack vids where ppl get ridiculous KD and it just looks so boring.

I agree guys, that the reason for hacking in a video game seems pretty silly, and thanks for sharing your experience. I guess I would like to know, how can you determine who is hacking? Ive been shot through walls, and I have shot through walls as well. Im not even sure what an aimbot is or how it works, so any help in educating me on BO hacks, and what to look for is greatly appreciated. I hate accusing anyone of hacking, if i were to be wrong.

I agree guys, that the reason for hacking in a video game seems pretty silly, and thanks for sharing your experience. I guess I would like to know, how can you determine who is hacking? Ive been shot through walls, and I have shot through walls as well. Im not even sure what an aimbot is or how it works, so any help in educating me on BO hacks, and what to look for is greatly appreciated. I hate accusing anyone of hacking, if i were to be wrong.

I believe the aim-bot uses the same aiming system employed by NPC's when in training mode. They pretty much program a "snap-to aim" to a single button which they use to target players. Also the only real way to see if someone is hacking is to see a killcam or spectate them.

I don't see a reason to hack unless you are just messing around with friends on a non-VAC or non-PB server or if you wrote the actual program. I have used hacks before though, for: CSS, CS1.6 and CoD1. I used them just for joking around and it was good fun (until I got perma banned in all of those games for accidently joining a secured server :(). I do have a friend who still hacks off and on in every game he plays on secured servers. He's a member of a private hacking community though so none of his hacks are detectable. Even though he doesn't get caught, he rarely uses hacks because they ruin the long-term fun of the game.

@Xodiak, the best way to check for hackers is to spectate them. Killcam is way too laggy in most games to really give you an idea if the person is hackin or not. For example, I don't hack at all but most of my killcam shots look like I have an aimbot. I just aim very very quickly right at the players head and because of the lag on the killcam it looks like I just randomly jump to the player. Spectating helps alliviate this issue. If you are in a server with an aimbotter it is usually pretty obvious (like this video
). If someone is wall hacking, meaning they can see players through walls, its a little bit more difficult. The best way to check this is to spectate the person and see how/if they track people they cannot see.

COD MW2 was the first game were i really jumped into the MP experience

I willl say, i am sorry top hear this, so many better games out there then MW2 and BO, they are probaly the 2 worst CoD games ever released.

the servers you seem to play on are just the typical ones run by 12 year old admins who have no clue, or just admin on an ego trip.

best thing to do is find a clan run server and play on it often and get familiar with the players.

People hack because they can and they know it will upset someone in the game and that is what hey want to do , annoy other people.

I willl say, i am sorry top hear this, so many better games out there then MW2 and BO, they are probaly the 2 worst CoD games ever released.

My thoughts exactly, MW is hands down the best in the series. However the one game in the series that got me into the MP was COD2.

OP if you have not played COD4 I suggest you play it, it is one of the most balanced arcade fps experiences I have ever had.

I once used a wall hack in COD4 to see what it was like and honestly it was kind of fun at first but then it gets down right boring. It's boring because all the kills you get are fake and you just ruin it for every one else. When you actually earn your kills and truthfully do well, it feels good. Being handed everything isn't fun. I want to actually earn my kill streaks, and it's rewarding when I actually earn them.

I used a hack one time in the original CS (way before Steam). I loaded it up, saw all of the boxes surrounding me, and the snap-to-aim stuff. I guess part of the fun for some people that use hacks is playing just poorly enough to not be caught but well enough to lead the server (going 100-0 is a pretty surefire way to get caught, going 30-6 isn't necessarily, for example).

After 1 round, I closed the game, deleted the hack, and never used it again.

The only other time I've ever done anything similar is in a single-player game using a Trainer. If I only wanted to finish the game and didn't care about how I beat it I would use a trainer, give myself infinite money (for example) or god mode and plow through it (I did that once for Far Cry after I got super frustrated on a level or two).

The only other time I've ever done anything similar is in a single-player game using a Trainer. If I only wanted to finish the game and didn't care about how I beat it I would use a trainer, give myself infinite money (for example) or god mode and plow through it (I did that once for Far Cry after I got super frustrated on a level or two).

Yes, the closest thing I use to hacks are trainers, for example I absolutely HATE weight encumbrance in games. More specifically stalker, that game is far more enjoyable with no weight penalty. But I won't use cheats that change the game experience negatively, such as god mode or unlimited ammo etc. The only game I use for fooling around in is GTA IV.

In games like this and MMOs that incorporate PvP, there will always be people that hack because they just have to be the best, regardless of whether it is legit or not.

Like some of you mentioned, the curiosity is enticing, but it does kinda take the fun out of the game.

Heck, I stink at BFBC2 and every other FPS game, but I have fun and when I actually kill people it makes my day.

I play around and use cheats or cheat codes sometimes if I am playing a SINGLE player game
but when it comes to online stuff where you are playing with other real people or competing against them it makes you lower than the scum that is scraped off a dogs *** to use hacks or cheats in my opinion

My best score is 65-0 on Nuketown.

I usually do 45ish-10ish. I don't hack, I knife.

I get "reported" daily, and people cry hacks nonstop. This is what happens when you play with morons that continuously go into the houses on Nuketown. If I'm let inside the house, just stay out, and I don't score well.

I meant for each other to plan on all the same time. Would be quite a match from the sounds of it. hehe I'd get face rolled though.

Today I met a huge wall hacker/aimbotter on Nuketown. He had an MG60 LMG and literally was in the house with Hardened shotting through a wall where the bullets could penetrate and hit all of us from across the map. And on the kill cam you could see that he knew where you were. I looked at his stats, 15 k/d, several prestiges in and his last 5 games were all either 10 to 20 k/d with MG 60 as his favorite gun. I reported him but I really think Steam won't do crap and he'll be on again ruining the game for everyone else. People like him cause distrust within the PC community because if he's doing then anyone else with a high k/d match must also be hacking.

Today I met a huge wall hacker/aimbotter on Nuketown. He had an MG60 LMG and literally was in the house with Hardened shotting through a wall where the bullets could penetrate and hit all of us from across the map. And on the kill cam you could see that he knew where you were. I looked at his stats, 15 k/d, several prestiges in and his last 5 games were all either 10 to 20 k/d with MG 60 as his favorite gun. I reported him but I really think Steam won't do crap and he'll be on again ruining the game for everyone else. People like him cause distrust within the PC community because if he's doing then anyone else with a high k/d match must also be hacking.

Steam will not do a thing. Your only hope is for a server admin to be online while he is doing it.

Even then all they can do is ban him from that server.. He will go on to another server and ruin that one.

Back