• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well, I just ordered my DangerDen Maze2 Block...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metaxas

....I hope it performs better then the one that I have on here right now....ack. And not only that, it don't matter, I am going to convert the other block into a homemade chiller. This is what I want to accomplish with this:

I want to be able to cool the CPU when it is in it overclocked state, however, I do not want to go below room temp, so I want to be able to adjust the flow through the chiller, as to not go below room temp (or below the dew point anyways) how powerful of a TEC would that require? Can someone tell me if this is a worthy idea? Gotta get that bird down in temps a wee bit, its running at 120F...after a few hours of Q3A, and everything, but i've seen people that have 1.6Ghz cpus running at just over 100F in the same type of conditions.

your 1.2 chip overclocked will use about 85 watts of heat, you would need 156 watt peltier which would put a grand total of 240+watts of heat to dissipate, a dangerden cube readiator dissipates 200 watts of heat, you would need to add a small single radiator which would dissipate 100watts also for a total dissipation of 300 watts if you wanted to do it right, anything else would make your temps warmer.

No no no, like an inline chiller. Ok, visualize this:

Coolant flow from output of pump / reservoir, through a "T" valve, (X) percent of coolant would flow through block, and the other would just flow normal, and then the cold coolant would hit the warmer coolant, and have a "balancing effect", then after the cooler, it hits the DDMaze2 block, then to radaitor, (big *** heater core) to back to pump. See, I just want a balancing effect, just to knock the temps down some, but not to the freezing mark. Why? I haven't finished my super secret project to elimante the condensation worries forever.... ;D

Note that, if the TEC isn't too large, I am going to use a hedgehog and delta fan combo to cool it.

Back