• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Catalyst 10.10 out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
tested it yesterday and it killed LP2
went back to 10.8 and LP2 loaded just fine
tried the 10.10 hot fix and I get alot of screen flicker

Do these fix that scaling issue where it never stores it and always reverts it back to the small black box, I am currently using the 10.5 driver so it dont happen.

Crap. I'm hoping I don't run into any issues with these already. Picking up my Matrix 5870 tomorrow. d/led the 10.8's just incase tho.

That's a pretty big update.... some decent performance improvements on most of the DX11 games used for reviews nowadays. Didn't expect them to still get more performance out of CryEngine2 just from drivers, on 1 yr old architectures.

Last edited:
That's a pretty big update.... some decent performance improvements on most of the DX11 games used for reviews nowadays. Didn't expect them to still get more performance out of CryEngine2 just from drivers, on 1 yr old architectures.

Nay, they got top performance at 10.5a driver with bugs and everything after seem to down hill. So far, performance for 10.10a seem to work great for my crossfire 5870. but I have disable ULPS to make it work probably. At least they fixed the damn hardware accelerator.

When I moved over to my hdmi cable for my HDTV and watched some movies I ended up with an issue. After closing out the movie and loading up youtube, flash caused the display driver to fail and now all monitors have a pinkish tint to them. Very light but definitely noticable. I had to uninstall the drivers and move back to 10.9.

updated last night, no problems . I ran the optimizer just for S!@# and Giggles and then played al little Pro street ..all on the highest settings.

I see there is a 10.10c driver update release as well....does this pertain to the HD 4xxx series cards as well.

Spoke too soon. Started having issues once I started to oc the card. Had to uninstall the 10.10's and install the 10.8's :rolleyes:.

No issues thus far....

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU86AMDCat1010cHotfix.aspx

10.10c hotfixes here for fallout vegas crossfire and a few other things..

AMD Catalyst 10.10c Hotfix Features:

■OpenGL 4.1 beta support
■Support for the new Morphological Anti-Aliasing feature
■Dead Rising 2 – Crossfire profile (Resolves negative scaling)
■Crossfire Performance Improvement for:
◦Metro 2033
◦F1 2011 - (Direct X9 version)
◦Fallout New Vegas
■Performance optimizations for systems with an AMD Radeon™ HD 6870 and AMD Radeon HD 6850 series of graphics products installed
◦Aliens versus Predator performance enhancements
◦Star Craft 2 performance enhancements
◦OpenGL performance enhancements – gains can be seen in Prey, Quake Wars: Enemy Territories, and Heaven v2

Spoke too soon. Started having issues once I started to oc the card. Had to uninstall the 10.10's and install the 10.8's :rolleyes:.

No issues thus far....

I've had this problem on 10.5 10.6 10.9 10.10
looks like 10.4 and 10.8 are the best to date for card clocks and stability at least for the 4xxx cards

I seem to be fine on 10.10c. Have been testing various games and benches the past few days but not extensively. Mostly played Metro 2033, with my longest session being ~7 hours @ 1ghz on my GPU. All my OC profiles work fine.

Those having issues with OC, what are you using to OC? I only use MSI Afterburner.

Has anyone tried the morphological aa yet? You have to change some registry keys to enable it on the 5000 series, but it works. I tried it in Mass Effect and I wasn't too happy with the results. It greatly degrades the quality of text in the game. I had fraps running and it even made that look blurry.

Back