• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon HD 9000 series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Indeed interesting.

the other day I also read something about nvidia's 8xx road map.

there be a fight for us to watch down the line soon!!

Interesting, and i though that the geek at AMD have surrender to NVIDIA powerhouse, the GTX 780 is a monstor

What a great comment. You sir, have no clue whats going on. At the end of the day, i think nVidia are sitting back with a bad taste in the their mouth over the fact that AMD won the contracts on both xbox and PS4 GPU's, providing AMD with steady demand of work for the next 10 years.

We all knew there was a new series coming, and its great to hear it'll be sooner than expected, i cant wait to see how the cards will perform vs. 700series.

What a great comment. You sir, have no clue whats going on. At the end of the day, i think nVidia are sitting back with a bad taste in the their mouth over the fact that AMD won the contracts on both xbox and PS4 GPU's, providing AMD with steady demand of work for the next 10 years.

We all knew there was a new series coming, and its great to hear it'll be sooner than expected, i cant wait to see how the cards will perform vs. 700series.

I actually consider that one of the reason why AMD sees no motivation to catch up on the discrete GPU level. As they already got enough stuff to work with for now.

but from what I read, both Sony and Microsoft are actually paying AMD 'very little profit' off these chip's production... I am not into the business details, but nvidia spokesman said "they aren't interested to compete at that profit level". .. so.. each coin has two sides for the same story.

I actually consider that one of the reason why AMD sees no motivation to catch up on the discrete GPU level. As they already got enough stuff to work with for now.

but from what I read, both Sony and Microsoft are actually paying AMD 'very little profit' off these chip's production... I am not into the business details, but nvidia spokesman said "they aren't interested to compete at that profit level". .. so.. each coin has two sides for the same story.

Every story has manys sides, at the end of the day, you dont know if the spin doctor at nvidia just had that comment made a press release to make it sound like a good ending to the story for nvidia, instead of them coming out, "Well guys, we didnt get the contract, we are unable to compete with AMD on production speed, so we lost a good contract" You dont know. I am not saying that is how it is, but you dont know, and i dont know.

Every story has manys sides, at the end of the day, you dont know if the spin doctor at nvidia just had that comment made a press release to make it sound like a good ending to the story for nvidia, instead of them coming out, "Well guys, we didnt get the contract, we are unable to compete with AMD on production speed, so we lost a good contract" You dont know. I am not saying that is how it is, but you dont know, and i dont know.

quite true. nvidia might be all sour grapes about it, and just saying that outta being sore losers. :rofl:

To be honest AMD is still doing well with their 7970, only thing it loses to is the 780 and Titan both priced significantly higher than it.

That coming from an owner of a 770. Only reason is I like the nvidia drivers better, with that said AMD has seen huge improvement in the last year just from drivers. Still don't like the experience.

7990 SHOULD be discontinued.

I was blasting it on day 1 for advertising FPS without fixing microstuttering which was known before the card launched. I found it to be a huge scam-like advertising campaign when they admitted microstuttering issues, admitted that after fix FPS might be lower, BUT still use FPS to market.

anyway, many people still waiting for their July Driver fix.
they got a whole month left, I will hope they deliver to redeem their honor.

yeah. A-cards are winners in bitcoin mining, no doubt at that.
I have heard people in China are buying lots of A-cards 'just' to mine bitcoins.

I always have a hard time recommending Nvidia parts because it's hard to tell what is the best bang for buck part out there.

For a budget build I will typically throw in a 7770 because you can't go wrong with that card for $100-$120. Throw in an extra $200 and I would use a 7850, 7870 or 7870 XT. For higher end I would use a 7950 or a 7970.

I guess the 770 competes with the 7970. The 660 Ti is a bit more affordable but for the price I would just go with a 7950 instead. And the lower tier price ranges seem to favor AMD.

The GTX 760 is very tough to beat at its price point.

I can't wait until the HD 9000 (or 8000, depending on your rumor), just so we have some more competition at the high-end. AMD is priced for its performance, but I'd like to see it bring the GTX 780 (heck, even Titan if they can) down from the stratosphere.

As a reviewer, I'm loving these GPU wars. Top to bottom they're at each other's throats. It's a ton of fun watching them go at it and testing to see who's doing what at which price point. This is what makes what we do fun. :)

Back