• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG pulls from graphics card market

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nhut Pham

Saw this posted on Hardforums, guess they're not making money doing it anymore.

BFG Tech Announces Exit From Graphics Card Category, Continues On With Power Supplies And Laptops/PCs

Libertyville, IL – May 17, 2010 – BFG Technologies today announced their exit from the graphics card category. The company will continue to sell their line of BFG Tech power supplies as well as their Deimos gaming notebooks and Phobos gaming systems.

“After eight years of providing innovative, high-quality graphics cards to the market, we regret to say that this category is no longer profitable for us, although we will continue to evaluate it going forward”, said John Slevin, chairman of BFG Technologies. “We will continue to provide our award-winning power supplies and gaming systems, and are working on a few new products as well. I’d like to stress that we will continue to provide RMA support for our current graphics card warranty holders, as well as for all of our other products such as power supplies, PCs and notebooks.”

BFG will continue to offer RMA, telephone and email support for qualified BFG Tech graphics card warranty holders, but will no longer be bringing new graphics card products to market.

that sucks.

I remember back in the day, I was rolling a 6800gs (agp). I was having issues with the AGP chipset drivers. I called their tech support up @ like 2:30 in the morning and someone answered on like the 3rd ring. had me up and going in like ~20 mins.

I'm wondering what their reason is, that seems quite odd they'd just leave like this. Is nVidia to blame?

I would bet they will be back... I think they are just cutting ties with Nvidia right now as I would imagine profit is quite low on Fermi for them. There are nice ways to do things and instead of pointing the finger, maybe they are taking a repreive....

I was always scared of the 9800GTX+ BFG SSC card :p
Just looked like an absolute beast and I didn't think anyone could ever control it!

Real shame :(

I always had great luck with their stuff, would take bfg over evga or xfx anyday

I have two BFG GTX 260s and I am disappointed to hear this. One of the few manufacturers that provide Lifetime warranty. :(

They stopped selling GPUs in the UK a couple months ago. I'm not surprised that this happened.

Back in the day, it was the cool thing to have them sponsor your LAN party. Still have an old 6 series shirt from BFG :D

Thats saddening my 9800 GTX, and 7900GTX came from BFG and when I had problems they replied quickly and resolved them. Truly a loss for nvidia's market! Mind you I haven't bothered to look at them lately as ATI is the power horse of the GPU market it seems. So I'm sticking with XFX!

Back