• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI or EVGA for new build:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shootingblanks

Looking for video cards to run in CF or SLI for my new build:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=644626

Looking to spend $300 to $350 on video cards each considering I will need about $200 to run full card waterblocks or I could just buy a gpu block like the swiftech and some ramsinks.

The Nvidia cards that I am considering to run in SLI are either the 465 or the 470.

The ATI cards that I am considering running in CF are the 5850.

Which cards would you go with and why?

I would go for the 5850 more bang for your buck, and uses less power and put's out less heat. FTW :rock:

And i'm a Nivida fan, I won't buy ATI.

I would go for the 5850 more bang for your buck, and uses less power and put's out less heat. FTW :rock:

And i'm a Nivida fan, I won't buy ATI.

Im an Nvidia fan also and last ATI product I used was a 9800Pro I think. Then I had a 6800Ultra then 7800GTX KO edition card. Not really concerned with heat since I will be running dual loop and having the vid cards heat dumped in the 240 rad.

But that 5850 card is impressive.

One thing I like better about the GTX 470 it has better directx 11 and up to 8x the tessellation performance compared to competition.

And I don't like ATI drivers.:chair:

One thing I like better about the GTX 470 it has better directx 11 and up to 8x the tessellation performance compared to competition.

And I don't like ATI drivers.:chair:

second that about the drivers, the reason i switched from ati to nvidia was because the cat10.3 kept causing crashes. i have had no major problems thus far with my gtx 470sli setup. i was running a 5770 before this. i think i went a little overboard with sli, but i got one 470 and was so impresed that i had to do sli.

i think performance wise the nvidia400 series has ati beat at the moment with tesselation and physx, both of which only a few games are using right now. but tesselation at least seems to be something that all games will eventually be using so if you want a future proof gpu nvidia400 is the way to go for right now, until the next iteration of ati is released. oh yeah 3d glasses are compatible with nvidia as well.

Back