• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Myriad mining thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just remembered a question I had the other day( I was pre-occupied trying to locate my MYR).

When I start my CGWatcher on my dedicated rig I get the warning that MAX_ALLOC and USE_OBJECTS isn't set. But on my non dedicated rig I don't get this. The weird thing is I used the same conf file to start and just modded the essentials.

What would cause this? Everything seems to be running fine, Should I worry about it?

Shouldn't matter unless you see a drop in hashrates.
Did you install the AMD APP SDK? Sometimes that can help.....

(How the heck are you getting 4 MYR/block at cryptorus? You have more cards that I thought...:sly: :p )

Shouldn't matter unless you see a drop in hashrates.
Did you install the AMD APP SDK? Sometimes that can help.....

(How the heck are you getting 4 MYR/block at cryptorus? You have more cards that I thought...:sly: :p )

Yes I did install that.

Please explain the 4MYR/Block question....I only have the 2x7850's and 1x7950 running. That image is just the 2x7850's.

Here's my 7950

Attachments

• myriad.PNG
    myriad.PNG
    41.1 KB · Views: 46
Yes I did install that.

Please explain the 4MYR/Block question....I only have the 2x7850's and 1x7950 running. That image is just the 2x7850's.

Here's my 7950

I get 200 Mh from my 6850 + 270x which is ~ 1.5 MYR/block according to the pool.

You however, I saw you get 4 MYR in 1 block! :thup:

Now, are you seeing any hashrate drops? like are you getting the same hashrate on the rig that doesn't complain about the MAX_ALLOC thing?

If so, then you aren't loosing any performance, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I have been running myriad solo for 18 days with 500 myriad skein mhash. I have averaged 1.5 blocks per day. I just added another card, so I should be up to 600mh. I am curious how this compares to those that have been pool mining, post your numbers!

I have 27 blocks worth that I have saved up. Still trying to decide whether to sell or hold at these prices.

Last edited:
Well I should be getting ~700 MYR /day at current difficulty.

I have a hair over 200 Mh.

Price is good, I'd set some cheaper buys...you need to learn some trading, can't spoonfeed everyone, and in the end I don't want to be responsible for your financial loss :p

Two big rules of thumb:

-NEVER trade based on emotion
-Do your homework, learn about traders psychology, learn about the coins, learn about candlestick patterns and then mix and match to get your own trading style/method down.

Price is good, I'd set some cheaper buys...you need to learn some trading, can't spoonfeed everyone, and in the end I don't want to be responsible for your financial loss :p

Yeah, trading... I'm no good at playing the markets, though I did nearly double my BTC I had in Bter with blackcoin.

It's a start :p
I wouldn't put the blame one anyway if I lucked out anyway. I got into it, so I take the hits.

EDIT: Found a page on candle stick patterns. WOW there's a lot to read!
I now what I'm doing for a while. ;)

Last edited:
A guy made an auto switch script for Myriad, it will automatically switch to the most profitable algorithm of the 5...You set your own speeds for each algorithm, so it'll in fact work with all cards :D

https://mega.co.nz/#!51d2VYjK!peLha7-9RGLVPrEbOgyw2uEi99y4c0abk7Q3ZXVdR2o

You need php, and the miners for each algo.

"Here, I included two miners in this folder and my default setup.
Had to change the shortcuts because they were not local paths
Make sure to change the .bat files to the pools/workers you use or you'll be mining for me

Start it with php run.php from command line or if php is not in your path, you can just make a batch file like:

@echo off
C:\PATH\TO\PHP\FOLDER\php.exe run.php
pause

"

Last edited:
Looks interesting. Could you link to an announcement or discussion thread please?

After looking, it seems that this switcher likely doesn't work with solo mining, only pool mining. I don't see anything about switching the server algo so that it can be used for solo. Is that correct ivan?

It switches to your miner's bat.
You can keep the wallet open and just point the miners there? Not sure if you need more than one instance or pc with the wallet for each algo, haven't soloed myriad on gpu (or cpu)
I don't think you need nothing other than the wallet open as server and miners with -u 127.0.0.1 in the batch.

Do you guys have qubit algo settings for 280x cards? getting hw lol I can't remember the ones I used

with myriad you have to switch a line in the myriad.conf file when you switch algo that you are mining.

Back