• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Myriad mining thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I notice it has X and raw as well. Should I try XIntensity? You've used it a lot. Any suggestions?

Edit, rate is better than 100 coins an hour. Got 30 in the last 5 minutes.

Yes, I use xintensity, and my 270x gets ~145 Mh using Skein algo. 1180 Core 1500 mem @ 1.175 volts.

What setting for Xintensity? Just start trying them out?

No more no less. (For my 270x anyway)

Here:

--lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8193 -w 256 -g 2 -X 4

Yeah the TC is funny (8193 instead of a nice even 8192) but if I go lower than 8193, the Kh drops. :shrug:

anywho, that will get at least 480 Kh on a stock 270x (usually)

Hmm...I don't seem to be able to do better with X than with I. Running right at about 130Mh/s with 7870s.

And at 1.2Gh/s I think I'm getting about 400 coins an hour, which at .000006 each works out to about .055 BTC a day!

That is better than .01 BTC a day per 1Mh/s Scrypt. Actually, I'm right at 4Mh/s standard Scrypt equivalent right now.

I think I may stay here while it holds out!

WHOO-HOO!!!

No more no less. (For my 270x anyway)

Here:

--lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8193 -w 256 -g 2 -X 4

Yeah the TC is funny (8193 instead of a nice even 8192) but if I go lower than 8193, the Kh drops. :shrug:

anywho, that will get at least 480 Kh on a stock 270x (usually)

I'm running about 125 Mh/s each now, rather than 130, but my R is now at 0, so I'd say it is a net plus.

I'm running about 125 Mh/s each now, rather than 130, but my R is now at 0, so I'd say it is a net plus.

Yeah, X sucks on my 6850, I loose 20 Kh with it. :shrug:

But X works wonders on my 270x + I can play minecraft with mining full tilit on the 270x :attn:

Yield is dropping a bit, but that may just be due to fluctuations in difficulty and randomness.

Was getting coins every few minutes, but for the last half hour, they've been spaced a lot further apart.

Still looks like it should be good for a while.

Got into work this morning and the pool was complaining that I had over 2000 MYR.

Updated the OP with blockchain explorer link that is VERY useful.

PROTIP

6850's DO NOT like Myriad!

Mine will mine for 20 minutes, no issues them WHAM! Drivers crash and the 6850 is dead till reboot. EVEN ON STOCK CLOCKS! :shock:

Looks like VTC on the 6850, and Myriad Skein on the 270x. :-/

how would one use Oroqen's CPU miner 64 bit windows build - Skein ?

theres no readme included

any ideas?

how would one use Oroqen's CPU miner 64 bit windows build - Skein ?

theres no readme included

any ideas?

Looking around, I see this associated with his builds:

Usage instructions: Run "minerd --help" to see options.

I'd try this:

Code:
@echo on
minerd.exe -a skein -t 4 -o stratum+tcp://myrskus.nut2pools.com:6040 -u username.workername -p password

Best guess, assuming you use the nut2pools.com pool. Adjust -t number based on your CPU.

I'm on a pool. I'd have to find a block every 4 hours soloing to match what I'm getting with the pool, and not all my hardware is together and I'd have to set up a VM to use the external miner.

I ran 2 x 290x solo all night. Didn't get anything except orphans. I have one rig that wouldn't run skein. It would just close the cgminer window after 5-10 minutes. It runs scrypt fine though.

I ran 2 x 290x solo all night. Didn't get anything except orphans. I have one rig that wouldn't run skein. It would just close the cgminer window after 5-10 minutes. It runs scrypt fine though.

My 6850 does that too. Maybe Grostel will work for us? :shrug:

I haven't tried Groestl yet. Looking at the blockchain explorer site linked above, Skein seems to have a bit of an edge on production most of the time. They all bounce around though, but too fast to bother switching.

I've been using the Skein pool here: https://myrsk.nut2pools.com/ with no problem. let me know if you have a problem there.

Back