• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good PSU or NOT good PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's a fine power supply. Throw your current one in the trash.

Then put the specs for your rig (CPU, motherboard, vid card...) in your sig.

My specs are :

Amd athlon x2 64 2.6 dual core processor
2gb ram
500gb hard drive
ati radeon 3650 256mb
300w dell psu (oviously need upgrading lol )

But i want to upgrade my ram .. mobo.. and maybe processor aswell.

My specs are :

Amd athlon x2 64 2.6 dual core processor
2gb ram
500gb hard drive
ati radeon 3650 256mb
300w dell psu (oviously need upgrading lol )

But i want to upgrade my ram .. mobo.. and maybe processor aswell.

ummm i would recommend doing everything at once.

I think you can keep your RAM.
Your hardware (except your PSU :D) seems a little bit better than mine.

is it worth upgrading my cpu though? or is it good enough to play high end desktop games?

Probably you just need to wait for Radeon HD 4770 if you aimed for high settings.
For standard settings, HD 3650 already doing good for me since I am not a hardcore gamer.
Almost every game is playable with HD 3650 at low resolution although it still not good enough to handle several Japanese 3D game at maximum settings. Probably it's the limit of my CPU.

Well.. I just recently installed the ati 3650 ... and also im that much of a hardcore gamer.. But does my processor need upgrading? Or is it fine?

Well.. I just recently installed the ati 3650 ... and also im that much of a hardcore gamer.. But does my processor need upgrading? Or is it fine?
That's a question you will have to answer yourself.Is the CPU to slow to do what you want/need it to do? I'm pretty sure the cpu will be fine for "most" games. But then again there is always the fun of playing with new toys.

Corsair 450 will be fine. I am running a 3600x2, 2GB of ram a AIW HD (3650 + 650 tuner) and 3.25 TB of harddrives on a old antec 430 and it still pulling strong :)

The Corsair is more than enough for any processor that is compatible with your Dell. With your 3650 the 450VX is also fine. If you are planning to upgrade the Video card to anything higher than the 4850/9800 GT level than you may want the 550VX.

Corsair 450 will be fine. I am running a 3600x2, 2GB of ram a AIW HD (3650 + 650 tuner) and 3.25 TB of harddrives on a old antec 430 and it still pulling strong :)

Neuro,

That little Corsair 450 is the best bang for the buck and puts out what many advertised 500 watt units do. :thup:

Neuro,

That little Corsair 450 is the best bang for the buck and puts out what many advertised 500 watt units do. :thup:
+1; I've got two of them and absolutely love that little unit. I'd put it up against any 500W unit on the market, maybe with the exception of the PC P&C Silencer 500, which is actually a legit 500W PSU. Heck, Antec even uses the exact same design on their Earthwatts 500...but with shoddier components.

I take it Dell no longer uses proprietary PSU's and Mobo's.

I remember a few years ago only PC power and cooling made substitutes.

They have standard plugs now?

You would be better off building a new PC .

Re use your HD, Ram(its DDR2 right?) optical drive and possibly your case.

Last edited:
Yupp :) Im on my way doin it slowy lol..... ALL i need to do is get a new motherbored and a psu then it will be NON-dell lol Any1 reccomend a good mobo so i can upgrade my cpu to a quad core and also the slots have to be PCI :) thanks .. Im really struggling to find one thats good ..

And try make it from this website please because this is where i buy all my pc parts :) www.ebuyer.com THANKS !!!!

Back