• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard, Memory, & CPU Overclocking Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deeppow

Motherboard, Memory, and CPU Overclocking Guide.

The guide is divided into 2 incarnations. One for newbies and the other being more advanced. The default is the newbie version but the more advanced version is easily accessed when the guide opens. :D

New sections related to AMD64 processors and motherboards are under development and initial sections have been added.

Automatic translation to a number of languages has been added as a capability. Automatic translation of technical English to other languages is generally poor but it has been added in hopes of providing a basic understanding to others.

Last edited:
Just looking through it, it looks very complete. Good job, and I will help you to keep it in the noticeable area! ;)

altec said:
Just looking through it, it looks very complete. Good job, and I will help you to keep it in the noticeable area! ;)

LOL...let me help you, help him, keep it in a "noticable area"... ;)

*Sticky*

:D

Added test results for performance sensitivity to memory settings in dual channel mode for nForce2 mobo.

Be :cool:

SniperXX said:
WOW! Good work there. Tons and TONS of helpful info. Again good job, that looked like it wook awhile to write.

Thanks Sniper, a little here and a little there adds up. As you can probably tell, it has been written as I was using 3 different mobos.

Be :cool:

Thanks for creating an excelent guide.
Do you think you could send me it in a word file or something so I can print it out all together as one document?

Having broken it into separate sections to build a more web-like document, I don't any longer have the current guide as a single document. I have an older version (~6 months) that fits that bill but would recomment instead that you print the pages from your browser. Since there are a reasonably small number pages, that is doable. In a frames document like the guide currently sets, you would right click on the frame you want to print and then select the print option from the menu that should appear.

printable?

is there anyware i can get a printable copy of this im strictly limmited on computer time :temper: great guide btw

eternalflame said:
is there anyware i can get a printable copy of this im strictly limmited on computer time :temper: great guide btw

You can down load a zip file or I can send you one via email, probably pretty much the same time required to download. Those your only options of which I'm aware. If you want email, then send me your email. :beer:

You may want to wait a week or two since I'm in the process of revising the guide so that you have access to two versions, one more related to newbies and one more advanced (the current version). This is motivated by the fact the guide has gotten too complex for newbies to master without some study and that wasn't the original intention. :cool:

New sections related to AMD64 processors and motherboards is under development and initial sections have been added.

FuLLMeTaL said:
wat are some good motherboard?

Typical answer is "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." The major brands are generally solid, thus meeting my definition of good, e.g. Asus, Epox, DFI, etc. A glance at those manufacturers in the subforums and the number of threads in each gives you a rough idea of folks around here using each brand.

Many answers to the next question, "what might be best?" depending on: What you going to do with the system, e.g. gaming, scientific calculations, word process, etc.? Are you going to overclock? Dollars you can afford? There is no single answer.

Last edited:
Back