• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just got my 2.8 SL6Z5 P4 today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

with a pack date of 5/21/04 and batch #3413A673 and it's a 30 capper.Well im happy about this. Now i just have to see how well its gonna OC.I heard the new batch's dont do so well.God i hope this one aint like that.I have to go put oil in my mother's car then im gonna put this baby in and then it's time to rock.So get your selves ready for a trip to 4.9....lol Just kidding but hopefully 250fsb stable.

Nice, I also have a SL6Z5. Gets 3.2 at default voltage, and 3.4 at 1.575v, probably lower, but I'm too lazy to wait for prime for hours =P

Enjoy!

I here that...lol Im getting ready to install it but i am waiting til i get my $h1t together.Ill have it in within the hour just finding my static strap and AS5 and my bottle of rubbing alcohol and my clean white hankys that i use to clean and wipe every thing and Q-tip swab's.

Cool, I have a SL6WF... not a 30 cap, but I'm at 3.45 @ 1.58V at the moment. Prime stable for 7 hrs. ( I turned off the computer at 7 hrs, it didn't crash).

I'm pretty happy with that speed, it wouldn't boot at 3.6 with the vcore that I want to stay at ( under 1.60V)so I'm going to stay around 3.5 or so for now.

[edit]

oops, never mind... I keep forgetting I have the 2.4C, I just got it last week. :eek:

Last edited:
Might just try setting 1.6v and 250FSB, mine has been running that for a couple of months now. Although I'm playing with a new 3.2E at the moment.

Ok im happy as hell 240fsb temps at 30c mbm5 and cpu nurse sensor is right ontop of cpu .Damim gonna go for 250 fsb in a few minutes...loli took the voltage to 1.575v to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
oh yeah, there it is in your sig. Pretty good temps for that cooler. Are you pleased with your new CPU? You might have a little more overclocking room - some have went to 3.6Ghz and a little beyond.

Right now im happy as i dont no what .This thing smokes the 3.0c i have.I am gonna go a little higher just to see what it can do.Im at my memorys rated max but adata PC4000 seems to do 270fsb or better.But i wanna get some water cooling before i go any higher and try to stay thier.I was i little worried when i frist fired it it up at 230 fsb it booted then crashed3 time's then i remembered that i never disabled the last pat setting's. but now im fine...lol

im gonna back it down to 3.5 and let it burn in for a while i just wanted to see what it could do im sure 3.7 would be with in reach.Since its only 5 fsb away

Darn you! I have the worst luck ever!

Well, at least you got alot out of it. Awesome =)

Back