• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (MS-7025) Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi all,

I am desperate with a problem: I have an Athlon64 3200 @ 250 x10, MSI Neo2Platinum, and everything is working fine except for the memory. I got Kingston 1GB Ultra-Low Latency PC3200 HyperX, and supposedly they are based on Samsung TCCD so they should be fairly good, but I am not able to get them working at 1T, even with 2.8V and the rest of settings to Auto or to the maximum values (and 100 CPU ratio). How can this be possible?
Any clues appreciated.
regards

need help badly!

just got my board and cpu(msi neo2 + a643000+) yesterday, when i got home i removed parts i needed from my rig to assemble it.
when i was installing winxp, saying "copying files" my system locked-up, i had to press reset switch to reboot. that happend 3 times i think until i finally finished installing windows. after installing drivers and the system needed to reboot, it locked-up again, this time it was only in the "platinum Logo" and never showed anything, i cant even go to bios set-up. i turned off the pc for a while then i tried again after few hours, windows loaded ok, i tried to run 2 benchmark, both didn't finished.

this morning, when i powered on my pc i never even got to windows. it just showed the start-up logo "Platinum", i even waited for half an hour to see if it 'll going to post but it dont.

what do you think the problem is? do you think i have a busted mobo?

specs:
a64 3000+ winchester
k8n neo2 (1.4 stock bios)
1024mb geil value ram ddr400
120gb barracuda ide
sapphire 9800xt
475watts HEC psu

all my parts from previous rig is working A OK overclocked!

Thanks!
**Please excuse my english**

Grats on the sticky!

You may also add a note for potential buyers to steer clear of using Antec PSU's in combination with this board. Lots of people don't have problems, but I've met many that have had their boards die because of it! The exact cause is still unknown.

@Zebbo

Hey dude I have a simular setup. I have a 3500+ on this MSI mobo and the Geil TCCD the Best I can do is 2.4 or 2.41 with the ram settings at 166 2 2 2 5. The fsb is 241 I cant get the FSB high on ANY multiplier I have the 1.4 bois. Can you lend a hand in this OC I really hop eto hit 2.5 1:1.

BigTy said:
@Zebbo

Hey dude I have a simular setup. I have a 3500+ on this MSI mobo and the Geil TCCD the Best I can do is 2.4 or 2.41 with the ram settings at 166 2 2 2 5. The fsb is 241 I cant get the FSB high on ANY multiplier I have the 1.4 bois. Can you lend a hand in this OC I really hop eto hit 2.5 1:1.

Sorry, took a bit time to answer for you, but try this:
DRAM Configuration should look like this
Max Memclock: 200
CAS Latency: 2,5
RAS to CAS Latency: 3
Cycle Time(Tras): 7
RAS Precharge: 3

And Cell Menu like
HT Frequency: 4x
HTT / FSB: 250MHz
CPU Multiplier: 10x
Memory Voltage: 2,7V - 2,8V

If it's unstable, try to bump some more juice for your CPU

hi guy's

i have problem with neo2 mobo and Ocz Vx memory:
runing a64 3000+ -> can easly hit 290x9
neo2 plat 1.41Mod -> can easly hit FSB 300
ocz Vx -> can easly hit 260 2-2-2-11

The problem, on this mobo i can't run 166 or 133(200 and 100 runs great) divider more than ~250 HTT -> ~210 to memory

why ?
Tnx for all help.

g0dM@n said:
I just got mine... let's hope I can hit fsb like you =/

Depends do you have the 54G model or not, cause atleast I haven't seen any nice results with original Neo2 Platinum model. My last record with Neo2 (54G) was 350HTT with 3x HT Frequency.

Is 350 a typo? Did you mean 250? And how do I check that 54G thingy...

g0dM@n said:
Is 350 a typo? Did you mean 250? And how do I check that 54G thingy...

If he ment 250 I doubt he would be boasting about it :p

I hit 320HTT 3xHT last night just doing some tests, didnt trying to go into windows with it, was getting late, I just ran memtest on it

305 ran fine in windows tho

I'm guna try higher tonight

Your sig... is that Trinity? Ooooo, lala! =)

350HTT, eh? I wonder what divider he used on his ram. His sig shows pc2700 infineon 256mb...

g0dM@n said:
Your sig... is that Trinity? Ooooo, lala! =)

Yep =)

g0dM@n said:
350HTT, eh? I wonder what divider he used on his ram. His sig shows pc2700 infineon 256mb...

Dunno, but im sure it was a low one :p

I was using 166 (5:4) 2.5-3-3-7 when I was at 320HTT

Hey man... I think 166 is 5:6

166/200 = (166/33) / (200 / 33) = 5/6

Has anyone hit higher then 350 on a neo2 that u know of?
or any board?

Im pretty happy with the 325 my board does though, even that is kinda of a waste because there is no way my CPU will do 325x10 and my ram will never do 325 1:1 :p

Now only if i could get my CPU stable at a decent clock!

Alright, I've been wondering... what's the point of running a high FSB if you're running your ram on a divider? Let's say your ram can do 250mhz, and you want to figure out what's best...

You can do stable 300fsb with 3x HTT, and you run the 200/166 divider which I believe would give you 250mhz on the ram, so basically you're asynch and at 900HTT.

Now let's say you run 250fsb 1:1, and you run 4xHTT;thus, giving you 1000mhz HTT. Which one is better? Let's say no matter what you do, asynch or synch... that you can somehow manage the same HTT frequency, and the same ram frequency... is it BETTER to have a higher fsb?

I don't understand what the point of FSB is if you're only trying to get mhz to the ram, and mhz to HTT. If you do 250mhz ram, and 1000mhz HTT then what's the whole point of raising fsb and using dividers???

I hope this came out clear...

From personal experience, and from others accounts, running your ram on a divider doesn't seem to matter on the Athlon64 - not like it would on a P4 or AthlonXP

Back