• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Cyberpower system laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ventis

Hello oc forums i just bought have a question on a new laptop and its refresh rate problems. It is an Xplorer X7-7500. Its specs are:

DISPLAY LCD: 17" WSXGA+ Widescreen TFT Display 1680x1050 Pixels
CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Mobile T7400 Dual-Core Processor @ 2.16GHz 667FSB 4MB L2 Cache EM64T
MOTHERBOARD: Mobile Intel 945PM Express Chipset Mainboard
MEMORY: 2GB (2x1GB) PC5300 DDR2-667 SODIMM Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: Built-in Mobility™ NVIDIA GeForce GO 7600 256MB PCI-Express X16 Video
HARD DRIVE: 160GB 5400RPM SATA150 HARD DRIVE
OPTICAL DRIVE: 8X DVD REWRITABLE DRIVE
SOUND: BUILT-IN AC 97 SOUND

I tryed to play Battlefield 2 on this laptop, and it gots to a black scren like it should, and then it returns to the desktop. From my experience its usually the refresh rate being to low. In this case i can't see if thats the problem, since I've updated the game and direct X and my video drivers, and it still acts the same. The reason why, is that the refresh rate is 59mhz on this laptop. Which according to forums the game needs 80X600@60mhz.

I doubt that the refresh rate can stop the game from running, are any other games working? Do you have the newest drivers...etc...

I meant i'm trying some games, installing San andreas now. I just tryed Maple Story and it works. So i don't know

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling BF2? While I love that game it sure can be a pain. What OS and video drivers are you running?

I'm using Windows XP pro SP2 and using just basic drivers from nvidia.com
94.24 i think

This happened to me when I got my new monitor.

The game is set to run at a higher refresh rate than what your monitor can handle. So you need to go into a file (can't remember which) and change the refresh rate to what your laptop is set and, and boom it should work.

Back