• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1000 AYHJA Y recommendations...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fuzzba11

Greetings, I've been trying to push my new AYHJA Y today, with little luck...If I increase the fsb up to 140 w2k has some serious problems in startup...hell, with any overclocking at all! Does anyone know how to disable some startup items in w2k? Secondly, what are some good voltage/clock settings for this chip? Anybody know? I'm running a CAK38 HSF on it at around 45 C idle, 49 C load...there's plenty of air going through it's just that my dorm room is hella hot. Any suggestions would be nice.

You can probably hit 1.4 with that sucker. It's the same stepping code as a lot of the 1.4's, though I've never heard of a 1.0 with AYHJA stepping. If you use can, run WCPUID and give us the family number (and the other ones as well). You can probably push it a little, with some VCore adjusting, though I wouldn't go more than +0.1v with temps that high. You might be able to push your DDR with a little more voltage too. My Crucial needs 2.7v to hit 140 CAS2 AT ALL.

I've heard a lot of good things about the 1 gig AYHJA "Y". I
think I read somewhere that chip could reach 1.7 under the
right circumstances. Sorrry I can't help with w2k, I run 98.
I would say increase the vcore little by little, at the same time,
watching your temps.

I've been having problems...I booted into windows fine at 137x11 = 1507, but after playing CS for like 5 minutes I froze up and couldn't end task it in w2k. Maybe I'm just really impatient, though. I noticed that even though I increased the voltage +.100 in the BIOS my monitor was only displaying 1.77V...why wouldn't the voltage be going up? Could the lack of juice explain the crashes?

yes lack of power could cause problems what are teh load temps at 1.5? my 1.2 locks at temps around 50C keep it below that and you should be fine. the chip is pulling aroudn 80watts at 1.5 so a big power supply will be needed. www.amd.com has an approved list of PS make sure yours is on it.

Get Motherboard Monitor 5 and check your 5v line. That's a good indicator on if your power supply is underpowered for the job. Anything over 4.85 at 100% load is great. Under that and you've got a little lee-way. But my experience is less than 4.76 and my system crashes. With my 400W Antec, power hasn't been a problem! (That sounds almost like an ad) Get SiSoft Sandra and run the memory benchmarking utility. Then use the Burn-In Wizard to run it about 30 times. I have a feeling it could be memory related.

i thought my comp is hot with 42c full load, with only a ordinary coolermaster fan and normal case, except keep it open. do u people think it will make a messive different if i buy two extra fan? and how much will i be able to rise my vcore with my 300watt psu after installing 2 fans?:confused:

Back