• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official YATTA (Slow CPU) Team Re-recruiting thread! (Revival of the YATTA TEAM)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeh, i done that a while ago, got sick of doing it, if i say up later then 'late' tonight then i'll prob do it.

It's going to be quite a long wait for the first WU's to come in, anyone running timeless tinkers?

That is all my rigs run. Even the sse enabled cpus get more ppd from timeless tinkers than they do on the small gromacs. One rig has one of those 28pt tinkers though which really sucks. If i could get the new core on the sse computers i would be set since they fly.

Thanks Everyone

I would like to thank everyone who has joined in to the Yatta Team. You have helped us grow!

I look forward to seeing our progress, when our boxes begin to turn in some WU's!

Welcome to everyone who has joined! And please do join and fold on a slow box for anyone who hasn't yet joined in the "antiquated" yatta team!

:p

congrats on this guys! keep it up!

another thing... its HARD to keep a subteam going. i mean, check out F(OC)LD... we started out hitting nearly 3k a day for forever... and are now at 1.2-1.6kppd. financial issues have hit us hard, and i lost half my rigs (i was nearly 800ppd of our initial grouping).... and we lost another 5-600 a day when one of hte founders lost his network due to reasons beyond his control and i have not had time to get over and help him get it back up.

Lenny.... soon you should be able to add in up to 2ghz as the upper limit... we are rapidly approaching 2ghz is considered very old and slow.

Bummer. If this had be started up a week or two ago, I would have be able to get 15 600/866 PIII machines added. Dont know when I will get the chance again.

Eventually I'll have my 400 MHz G3 running OS X (if it ever cooperates - it's the most stubborn system for OS X that I've seen) or Linux, and then I'll fold with it for YATTA. 400 MHz G3... what is that in PR? ;)

Also, I have my 1 GHz TiBook that *might* fold a bit every once in a while, does it qualify? 1 GHz G4 is still quite acceptable for my everyday multitasking, and seems to me far from slow... I don't want to insult it by adding it YATTA. :cool:

1GHz g4 is great!!

Right now I've got my G3 iMac on Ubuntu ready to fold, i just need to see if Arkaine23's service scripts work on ppc archtecture...

Back