• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Understanding AIDA64 GPU read outs...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

72hundred

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could shed more light on what the following readings that are available in AIDA64 actually equate to in practical terms:

1) TDP %

A function of the % of Thermal Design Power. That is to say amount power consumption / heat output as a percentage?

2) MC (Memory Controller) Utilization
3) VE (Video Engine) Utilization

Any advice on what these two mean!? I really can't make head nor tail of these two.

4) Used Dynamic Memory

Also in relation to this does it to GPU memory or is it something shared with the main system RAM?

I've attached two snippets. One of FurMark and the second is of ArmA3 to show how the values change.

Many thanks for any help

PS: Started same thread over at linustechtips and no replies so I can only assume knowledge base is not huge on this issue.

Attachments

• ArmA3.PNG
    ArmA3.PNG
    2.6 KB · Views: 819
  • Furmark.PNG
    Furmark.PNG
    2.7 KB · Views: 813
TDP is essentially the maximum heat (wattage) that the card can output. Utilization is simply how much bandwidth (or cores?) are being used. The memory controller can only send so much information in a limited time, and the percentage shows how much.

Not sure what dynamic memory refers to, sorry.

Thanks for that anyways. I thought it would be cool to know the bottle necks in the GPU / system and where updates might become needed!

Can you list your full system specs like in my signature?
Also include the monitor(s) you're gaming on.

I can most likely point out any bottleneck you're having :)

Well at the moment its 780 SC ATX's x 2 and 4770K at 4.2, Samsung Pro 512Gb, 32Gb of vengeance pro at 2133. Monitor is dell u2713hm; 1440 x 2560. TBH there's not too many bottlenecks at the moment, maybe ArmA 3 at the high end specs, but more for the future and out of interest I was thinking - also for the fun of knowing what they meant!

You'll most likely hit a GPU limit first at 1440p, but it'll take a while with you running SLI 780s.
You're set for a good bit :thup:

Back