• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my 770 rma...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The 770 pulls way less power than the 590 he replaced, I doubt there is an issue there.

Well, another thought.. have you tried using 2 separate PCIE 6/8-pin connectors? I mean Other than these couple of suggestions that have already been suggested im not sure what else to suggest lol

Yea mag, I did that as well. Its ok for now, I have another graphics card from them coming in approx 2 days thanks to the EAR program. Time will tell~

Do you guys think it could have anything to do with drivers? I had the latest available drivers for my gtx 590 at the time btw.

It should use the same drivers.
But drivers won't keep it from showing on boot up.

yea it comes down to it either being the card or my motherboard haha, hopefully it isnt the latter

For giggles and grins, try clearing the cmos. I have had to replace a card, and gotten no display, pulling the battery and a few bios resets got it working for me.

I actually thought of that, but didn't think it would make much difference... then again sometimes computers are finicky lol

hey guys, how do i reset cmos with my motherboard? I cant seem to find the resetter thing that you pull and reseat?

Last edited:
hey guys, how do i reset cmos with my motherboard?

To clear the cmos on your computer, you need to do the following:

Turn off your computer.

Disconnect the power cord.

On your motherboard, you have a round watch battery.

Remove it. (Be careful you don't damage the socket for it)

Wait about five minutes, and replace the battery.

Connect the power cord.

Turn on your computer. (Your bios will be set to default)

Hey guys, so i just noticed i had debug error 55 on my motherboard. Apparently this means my motherboard isn't recognizing my ram.... This may actually be a problem with my board and not the card they sent~. I have tried resetting cmos and using one ram stick at a time, no luck there.

Could also be dead RAM, I would get a set of cheap RAM to troubleshoot whether the issue is with the memory or the motherboard.

Well considering that the graphics card isnt working as well, chances are that it's probably the motherboard. EVGA did tell me they tested and benchmarked the product before sending me it. Aw man :/

Nothing will boot if the RAM isn't functioning, which is the symptom your computer is having.

hey atmin, what are your thoughts on me going to the local tiger direct and having them diagnose my system~. I feel as if this would probably be faster than ordering ram right now.

You could do that, but they'll charge for it.

Why not go to that same Tiger Direct, grab some RAM, and test it yourself?

LOL oh yea thats true, ill do that instead haha. My brain just pooped itself

Back