• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to mine VCT(Verticoin)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^I'm going to confirm or deny this myself today hopefully. I've seen reviews showing 40w, but I'm going put the KW meter on it myself and know whats what.

My R9 270 used 170 watts at the wall mining scrypt, and I didn't have near the overclock you have on your 270x....I was only running 1.10v and like 1050 core clock. You're running like 1200 core clock right? And probably more voltage, so you probably are closer to 190-200w.

BS called and confirmed. 750 Ti consumes 72w from the wall with an 80+ gold PSU mining scrypt-N at STOCK clocks......putting out 135kh/s, autotune put it at T10x20 whatever that means.

Even if you take 80% efficiency (even though 80+ gold is 87-90%) that's exactly 60w draw at the card, which is it's TDP. I figured 40w was bogus, if it really only used 40w they would have rated it at that...they NEVER overrate TDP.

Edit- X13 consumes 50w and getting 1.3mh.

*wattage numbers are based off my system at idle running onboard video VS with the card in, idle wattage with card installed was about 10w*. Meaning, with just onboard my system consumed 60w at idle. With the 750 Ti installed it consumes 70w at idle, and under load mining 132w on scrypt-N and 110w on x13.

Last edited:
Right now there's really no card that gives good profit on any algo. On scrypt you'd make about $8.50 per MONTH, and then take away electric costs considering 70w usage 24/7 you'd only net like $2-3.

On x11 and x13 you might make $12-15 per month, maybe $8-10 net after electric. Yeah, not worth mining at all. It takes over eighteen 750 Ti's to equal one gridseed blade miner, which are going for like $750 now and only use ~90w mining @5.5mh.

I'm not moving, at least not right now. Proof of work change doesn't automatically make it a better coin than Monero to me.

Back