• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin exchange rate discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is a prediction based on my analysis of the past 16 days of data.

BTC will go to 527 or maybe 555usd before eventually dropping again to 400+-25usd in the coming days. This process would take at least 10 to 20 days.

After that we will see a huge price increase, since instutional money will jump in on the long side then.

This is a prediction based on my analysis of the past 16 days of data.

BTC will go to 527 or maybe 555usd before eventually dropping again to 400+-25usd in the coming days. This process would take at least 10 to 20 days.

After that we will see a huge price increase, since instutional money will jump in on the long side then.
That turned out to be optimistic... it never saw $500 and is still on its way down... Here is to hoping your last part is right though! :)

That turned out to be optimistic... it never saw $500 and is still on its way down... Here is to hoping your last part is right though! :)

I adjusted my predictions on the run, this is my latest chart: https://www.tradingview.com/v/D22vbWQP/
Updates in the comments.

It'll keep going down, sell and buy back at 330. When you see a huge amount of volume, being red or green bars, doesn't matter...yet prices start moving up, then that was buy volume.
Normally changes in direction are caused by big instutional players (banks, wall street guys, paypal, chinese mobsters, whatever).
They buy at the bottom, when people panic, then push prices back up and start selling when people get excited (remember the 1k bubble?).

Great time to buy if you're patient and wait for the bottom at 330.

EDIT: I got deep into trading and analysis :), here's my twitter and my trading group's (I post predictions and forecasts for trading opportunities):

https://twitter.com/ivan_labrie (yeah that's me and my jet...handsome guy eh? xD)
https://twitter.com/CT__Brotherhood

Thanks Ivan.

Though I am not currently buying or selling, I appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited:
Wow, it was ~$360 this morning.

You saw my charts? Spot on... :p
We might see some more downwards pressure, stay in cash people.
(We MIGHT see a relief rally to 400+-30usd, but then it'll head back down before the ultimate reversal, if it double bottoms at 276 again.

Target would be at least 1600 in the short term.

This is a bit frustrating. I was considering cashing out when we hit $500, but held a fair amount of coin back. It started looking like a small rally was coming last week so I kept holding, and now were are $300... Such a bummer deal right now. Fortunately I dont need the cash right now, but I am really starting to get concerned about this drop if it doesn't bottom out soon.

This is a bit frustrating. I was considering cashing out when we hit $500, but held a fair amount of coin back. It started looking like a small rally was coming last week so I kept holding, and now were are $300... Such a bummer deal right now. Fortunately I dont need the cash right now, but I am really starting to get concerned about this drop if it doesn't bottom out soon.

If you are getting emotional, means you have to do the opposite. If you do that, you'll be 75% correct.
Trading is not simple, if you can't stomach it, it's better to convert for usd as you go and hold usd.

I posted charts up there, but seems like no one saw them. Meh...

Crap. Forgot to save some $$ at Cavirtex so I could buy in. :bang head

Wait for the double bottom.
It'll painfully and slowly go to 400-440 now, then back down swiftly to 266-286.
After that happens and everyone and their mother panics and sells, it'll start going up fast to hit higher highs than the 1200 ATH.

I'm highly skeptical of another $1000+ bubble. My inclination is that it'll settle around 250ish and stay for a while with a very very slow increase. like years to get back to a steady 1000+, if ever.

the price is too reliant on emotion, skepticism, and tons of other factors that can be manipulated like media coverage, business adoption, legislation, etc. a huge business or businesses could have widespread adoption, which would be good for price, or legislators could come down hard on BTC and either ban or heavily tax BTC (more than they already are), which would be bad for price.

take any predictions with the same grain of salt as a fortune teller or spiritual medium.

I'm highly skeptical of another $1000+ bubble. My inclination is that it'll settle around 250ish and stay for a while with a very very slow increase. like years to get back to a steady 1000+, if ever.

the price is too reliant on emotion, skepticism, and tons of other factors that can be manipulated like media coverage, business adoption, legislation, etc. a huge business or businesses could have widespread adoption, which would be good for price, or legislators could come down hard on BTC and either ban or heavily tax BTC (more than they already are), which would be bad for price.

take any predictions with the same grain of salt as a fortune teller or spiritual medium.

Mine come from my trading experience...What moves the price, is the manipulators. Same as any other market, what you say, is what the public can see, very different from what's going behind the scenes.

News are only there to deceit, and the only thing emotional buyers/sellers do is lose money, but not move the market.

Wait for the double bottom.
It'll painfully and slowly go to 400-440 now, then back down swiftly to 266-286.
After that happens and everyone and their mother panics and sells, it'll start going up fast to hit higher highs than the 1200 ATH.

Wish I could afford to buy in right now. As is, I'm broke so I'll just have to sit and watch while hopefully the price of XMR goes up too. Then maybe I can do some trading from there.

I did sell before the BTC price bottomed out, so I could have made money if it weren't for all those "bill" things.

Back