• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7A266 CPU voltage options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain Hilts

Can anyone tell me what cpu voltage options are on this board? I read an old review stating that it supported vcores from 1.75 to 1.85, am I correct to assume that that actual vcore options are 0.1v above the cpu default?

Also, does the latest bios support multiplier changes from the bios?

The reason why I am asking is because a friend of mine has this board, and I was thinking of putting a 1700+ Tbred in there for him. I'm pretty sure it's not an A7A266-E (what's the difference anyway) but I haven't been able to take a look at the board myself yet to verify this.

Your first queston is a little vague so I'll try to answer the best I can: it would be either 0.025v (1.775v) - 0.1V (1.85v).

You may want to see whether that board accepts T-Breds since I know recent board needed a bios update to recognize T-Breds - My 8KHA+ for instance.

Yodums

What I mean is what voltage range would I have on that board with a Tbred 1700+? In the review I read the range available was 1.75v to 1.85v, but that was with a Thunderbird CPU. I am assuming that for a Tbred 1700+ the range would be from 1.5v to 1.6v since the default is 1.5v on that chip.

I found a cpu compatability chart on the Asus site and it said that the board supported up to a 2600+ with the latest bios.

Captain Hilts said:
What I mean is what voltage range would I have on that board with a Tbred 1700+? In the review I read the range available was 1.75v to 1.85v, but that was with a Thunderbird CPU. I am assuming that for a Tbred 1700+ the range would be from 1.5v to 1.6v since the default is 1.5v on that chip.

I found a cpu compatability chart on the Asus site and it said that the board supported up to a 2600+ with the latest bios.

Hmmm, you maybe risking it however. The KX7 Rev 1 for instance was reported to support 2200+ T-Breds and above but Rev 1 wasn't able to so Rev 1.1 had to support it.

Back