• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dsl connection

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Menardsguy

I have a 640k dsl connection. I my service is through quest and is brigded ethernet, not PPPoE. The service I have dissconnects me every two hours. In order for me to get an unlimited connection I have to pay an extra $10 a month. If I disconnect before the two hours is up and then reconnect my internet isn't interupted. I was just wondering if there was a program that would do this for me so I don't have to be around when I downlload stuff. Even a program that just clicked the mouse every 1.5 hours would be fine. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm wondering if a program that just sent a ping every X amount of time would keep you connected. If so, surely someone in the programming forum could help you there.

I had this program where you could make your mouse do whatever you wanted it to do (like click things constintly) but I lost the program in a format and dont remember the name

Was the program called automouse? I found automouse 1.2. It looks like it might work. It records mouse movements and replays them over and over.
Thanks for the help, I'll let you guys now how it works out.
Also any more ideas would be great, like that ping program. This mouse program should work out fine since my dsl connection is on a server that doesn't have a mouse, keyboard, or monitor (I log in remotely so all I have to do is set it up once and let it be).

Hey! It works great! I had my server connected to the internet all night and all day and my computer never was disconnected. Thanks for the info guys! :beer:

you could also sign up with dns2go, if you don't have a static IP

if you do, no need

when using dns2go, it swends hearbeats out, that keeps you up

Back