• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for an email plugin for Pidgin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
I just recently started using Pidgin after getting fed up w/ Trillian and Trillian Astra, and I have to say that I really like it. it's nice and simple, doesn't soak up too many resources, and is highly customizable.

With that in mind, I'm having some trouble. Trillian had a plugin that made it easy to check pop3 email accounts. Just install the plugin, configure and go. I can't find anything like that for Pidgin. I know you can check Hotmail, Gmail etc, but from what I've seen I can't check standard pop3 account.

Does anybody know of a plugin for Pidgin that will do this?

Doesn't exist really, and frankly there probably will never be, Pidgin's goal has always been simplicity, small footprint and support for as many IM protocols as possible.

Well, I know for a fact that Guifications can and does do this, albeit with a toaster pop-up and a bit brokenly, but the functionality is there.

Unfortunately, there are no Win32 versions of Guifications, so I can't exactly try it easily.

I would be willing to try, but I am not sure where to start with Guification. I love Pidgin so far and this is the one thing that is keeping me on Trillan.

indeed, i have guifications for windows but i don't see anything about email at all in the settings.

Back