• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Fallout: New Vegas thread?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alien1099

Fallout: New Vegas thread

Is nobody else here anticipating it as much as I am? I keep checking steam every day for the preload. I can't freaking wait.

Last edited:
Ohhh yea! I did not opt for the Steam version, i dont know if it would conflict with future mods. I am sooo excited about the game, im finishing Fallout 3 with all the DLC for a third time. !st time with all DLC, but third time overall. LOVE THAT GAME.

I pre ordered from direct 2 drive with a $10 off coupon a month or two ago. I would be excited, but I am really beat from work and school, so I probably won't play it anyway . . .

Gamebryo, Gamebryo never changes.

Going to wait for a few of my friends to give me their impressions. Then I will check it out. Provided it isn't dog poo. ;)

Given the amt of games that is still on my play list, I'll just wait until this come out on GOTY edition or something.

Ohhh yea! I did not opt for the Steam version, i dont know if it would conflict with future mods. I am sooo excited about the game, im finishing Fallout 3 with all the DLC for a third time. !st time with all DLC, but third time overall. LOVE THAT GAME.
New Vegas is a Steamworks game, meaning that no matter where you buy it you will have to add it to your Steam account, but don't worry, it has no effect on mods. They will still work exactly the same.

im broke right now, but when i get paid friday the money gets spent like this...

#1 fallout3 new vegas
#2 beer ( a must have for gaming )
#3 bills
#4 food

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

New Vegas is a Steamworks game, meaning that no matter where you buy it you will have to add it to your Steam account, but don't worry, it has no effect on mods. They will still work exactly the same.

GOD THAT STINKS! I am seriously considering, starting new Steam Accounts to sell later, if i decide i do not want the game...but i will probably be too lazy to do that...

I played Fallout3 on PS3 when it came out. Now I am playing through it on Pc with all the extra content. I have to say the dev console on PC is such a nice feature.

GOD THAT STINKS! I am seriously considering, starting new Steam Accounts to sell later, if i decide i do not want the game...but i will probably be too lazy to do that...

Why is that? Valve fixed a lot of the issues with Bethesda regarding playing with mods in steam. I wouldn't panic out lol.

Also, a long with the long list of new features, they are reinstating the reputation system into the game. Cannot wait for next week!

I pre-ordered this on Seam. Looks like it'll be awesome! I love anything Fallout. :rock:

Ok, news flash! There was an article on Kotaku, and a thread here on the oc forums, about Steam maybe allowing digital trade in's? NICE!

If that is true, i would be one happy camper!

My gf preordered it as well (Best Buy version, Mercenary Pack?), and I am excited. I am waiting till tomorrow to turn in my time off for the 20th and 21st(my bday!).

Yup, at the ripe old age of 38, i will be giggling about placing grenades in peoples pockets and setting fire to children in the new Fallout game. Cant wait!

Ohhh just noticed, the game is ready for pre load! Direct 2 Drive and Steam are both pre loading. I got the game for $40 on D2D and they released the cd key, I added it to my Steam account and I am pre loading it on Steam right now.

Preordered the Collectors Edition on PC. But apparently there was some glitch at gamestop. When I paid off my preorder the game didn't exist in their system under the same SKU, but it had all the details like it was there. Decided to snoop around online and almost all CE links for the PC version are dead.

I'm never buying a Bethesda title unless they astronomically improve QC.
And then there's DLC... I'm not buying a game to then buy the rest of it.

It does look like a better game and I'll try it, but beyond that I don't know yet.

You can't set fire to children in FO3. That was a big discussion. : P

Killable Children Mods, anyone! LOL!

Anyways, i hope the game is at least as good if not better than Fallout 3. The ability to play as a complete ******* has always made me love the game!

I'm never buying a Bethesda title unless they astronomically improve QC.
And then there's DLC... I'm not buying a game to then buy the rest of it.

It does look like a better game and I'll try it, but beyond that I don't know yet.

It is by Obsidian. I think they are even worse at QC honestly . . .

Back