• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 570 Reviews (Consolidated)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im still trying to figure out a way to justify this in my budget... LOL.

Nobody wants a GTX470 with an EK470 block for $300 do they?

Yeah I made a trade deal for a 470 for my MSI big bang board last week, it's on it's way to me now....I didn't realize the 570's were due to release so soon or else I wouldn't have traded! Now I'm gonna have trouble selling the 470 :shock:

Now I am wondering if I should wait and get the 570 instead of the 470....but that means even more of a bottleneck...it would be overkill at 1440x900 anyway.

No matter what you play (games) 1440x900 resolution and your CPU being a bottleneck will not change.

So, GTX 570 SLI or 1 GTX 580? I know Earthdog will say single 580, but with the prices, 2 570's are only ~$100 more than 1 580.

I know I could add a 2nd 580 down the road for SLI, which would then beat SLI 570, with lower prices too, but it's hard to make the choice right now.

Any ideas??

I would go with the single 580, it's about 20% stronger than a single 570 to begin with and as you mentioned the future upgradeability to SLI'd 580's.

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of SLI or Xfire for everyday use (only for benching). Would rather have a single stronger card.
Besides, what game can a single 580 not play at any normal resolution at any settings? And by the time it can't a year or two down the road, I'm sure the 600 series will be out by then to upgrade to another single GPU beast.

Now I am wondering if I should wait and get the 570 instead of the 470....but that means even more of a bottleneck...it would be overkill at 1440x900 anyway.
You could always get it and save up for a monitor............ They are not that pricey :) $150 should be able to get you a decent 1080p one

You could always get it and save up for a monitor............ They are not that pricey :) $150 should be able to get you a decent 1080p one

Yea...but I also have to replace the PSU, and My mobo won't let me OC my processor, so the bottleneck would be huge.

Also, save up for a better CPU?

I am in college, I don't have the money for a better CPU, Mobo, Graphics card, PSU, and Motherboard (and Monitor T_T).

Personally I just ordered a 570 and am not too worried about my q9650 @ 4ghz being a bottle neck with it. I run at 1920x1080 tho.

Its a shame you cant overclock your setup any further because it would mostly eliminate the bottleneck IMO.

well just using their numbers the GTX570 comes in at 51PPD/watt vs GTX470 at 40.5PPD/watt. even the GTX580 comes in at 50PPD/watt so the GTX570 has the slight edge in that regard. main reason im running a GT430 in my rig at, looked to have the best the PPD/watt for the $$.

Yeah gt430's are sweet folding cards. You can put usually 4-5+ them in a system if you trim out the back of the PCIe x1 slots :D

Back