• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H80 install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

promazda

Ok my H 80 will be in on Wednesday and I want to know if any one has suggestions for mounting that will reduce or alleviate the air bubble issue some reviewers are having. It will be mounted on the back of an Antec 200 where the factory 120 fan goes. I will prob utilize the factory fan as one of the fans due to it being hooked to a controller. It will be pulling air from the bottom front and pushing out of the top rear. I also have two intake fans in the front one on the side and a 140 top exhaust.

Air bubbles? How can they see bubbles? There is no window.
It's a closed loop and should be air free from the factory. :confused:

Ok my H 80 will be in on Wednesday and I want to know if any one has suggestions for mounting that will reduce or alleviate the air bubble issue some reviewers are having. It will be mounted on the back of an Antec 200 where the factory 120 fan goes. I will prob utilize the factory fan as one of the fans due to it being hooked to a controller. It will be pulling air from the bottom front and pushing out of the top rear. I also have two intake fans in the front one on the side and a 140 top exhaust.

Yeah, a manufacturers closed loop shouldn't have air bubbles in them and you wouldn't know if they did. You should be fine with the H80.

i just installed mine on friday.
When i mounted the radiator i put the lines on the bottom.

From what I have been reading the pump will get start making noise when it gets what some all calling an air pocket at the pump.

IF there are bubbles in those closed looped/sealed systems, the radiator should be mounted above the pump. The big air bubbles will never reach the pump then. :attn:

IF there are bubbles in those closed looped/sealed systems, the radiator should be mounted above the pump. The big air bubbles will never reach the pump then. :attn:

I absolutely positively agree with this gentlemens comment. Well said. "IF" there are any air pockets they will stay on top of the reservoir.

Ok well that sounds good I'm going to cut my case a little I believe and mount external.

Yea, they'll just block up your flow in the radiator. You should have your res at the highest point.

got the h 60 here and it dropped my temps like 7 or 8 degrees celsius at idle from a zalman cnps9500a cooler. here's a pic of the install.

sorry for the double post, i didn't wait for the pic to upload long enough.

Attachments

• dfhd.JPG
    dfhd.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 118

My rad is above the pump and quiet as can be, just wish i had bought the h 80 instead. Good luck with your setup. :)

I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying to figure this out. Thanks for the help too btw. The pic you posted for me looks like when I first replied to the thread, here is a pic of my options I get after hitting the edit button.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18.5 KB · Views: 75
Back