• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FAQ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How is the RaidMax PS?

I just got mine and pushed the FSB to 400 MHz and seems fine. My multi is 9.5 to keep the CPU at 1.9 GHz for now.

I just wanted to know how high I can safely OC this just as a guide. I'll probably push it to 2.1 GHz first at stock voltage.

Heh, pricewatch lists your RaidMax at $11, qualifying it for membership in the El Cheapo club.

Power Supply Unit can take out all your other components.
Many PSU manufacturers list specs that do not reflect true capabilities of their products so all info on the PSU label doesn't mean much except for the brand, just look for the brand: All Antecs (Channel Well) are good (Antec True Power is better), Fortron (Sparkle), Sirtec (Enlight, Vantec, Thermaltake), or more expensive Herolchi (Heroichi), PC Power and Cooling, or not as good but not dangerous HEC, TTGI, Zalman (Aopen).

EgeWorks said:
I just got a new Barton stepping (at least it isn't on the list), no overclock info yet as I still need a few more parts.

Details:

AXQFA 0335 SPMW

I just bought a 2500+ with the same stepping, AQXFA 0335 SPMW

You're in Oz and I'm in Scotland. cool:D

all that is available for 2500 in aus that i have seen so far is aqxfa... i want to know how this is doing for oc
so far not one person has been able to show me an aqzea or aqxea
im buying aqxea or aqzea so if you selling pm me

New stepping?

I have a 2800+ that has a stepping I haven't seen around before:

AXDA2800KV4D
AGXCA 0311 UPEW

Haven't had the occasion yet to OC it since my Thermaltake Aquarius II is a joke. Its running higher temps than my Volcano 11+ was. I wonder how high it could go?

Wheelspinner said:

I just bought a 2500+ with the same stepping, AQXFA 0335 SPMW

You're in Oz and I'm in Scotland. cool:D

Your sig says AQZFA, is that a mistake?

I also have a AQZFA which is 0336TPMW. When can the list be updated? :D

Thanks Guys - updated it! I'm not sure on the order of Steppings as to Overclock atm though.

Sorry I have not replied to the last few PM's, my box got emptied! So Thanks to all who Pm'ed me!

M_N

Cuda said:
"All XP2000+ and lower rated tbred cpus will be unlocked from the factory, allowing multipliers 5-12.5 to be adjusted in the bios of ANY MOTHERBOARD that support the processor and have multiplier selection."

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, and it's not a real big deal, but for complete accuracy:

I have an Epox 8rda+ rev.2 (see sig). Although the 10 and 10.5 multipliers are selectable in the bios, I get an overclocking error no matter what fsb and voltage I'm at. This is with the 1700 listed in the sig. I have seen several other posts regarding the same problem. It's obviously the mobo, but I haven't found a fix anywhere.

Just thought I'd through that in, you know, in the interest of completeness:)

Hmm.. my a7n8x in the bios, for like 8/9/10, there is like 15/16/17 beside it... does it default to the lower one because its unlocked? I cant get it to post at one of those multis.. this is the first mobo I've had with multi control >_<

Well here is all my info hope it helps:

Athlon XP1700+ Palomino
AX1700DMT3C
AGOIA0216RPKW
Max OvrClk 1913Mhz

Athlon XP2200+ tbird 'a'
AXDA2200DKV3C
RIRGA0235DPMW
Max OvrClk 2013Mhz

Athlon XP1700+ tbird 'b'
AXDA1700DUT3C
JIUHB0302WPMW
Max OvrClk 2440Mhz

Athlon XP2500+ barton
AXDA2500KV4D
AQXEA0330UPMW
z313207241339
Max OverClk 2560mhz

mongoled

Hello all,

I keep re-reading this stepping on the Barton I just received from Newegg. I haven't seen it anywhere else:

IQYFA 0350 SPBW

I just haven't seen one that starts with 'I' before. Clearly very recent and very locked. I'll be interested in a few days when the Abit board arrives to see how it does.

Back