• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How cool does your Opteron get at idle on air?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fordsierra4x4

Just out of curiosity really, seeing as i set myself a record to beat today - of less than 20*c when running regular apps (Firefox, MPC, mIRC etc)

Opening the window and taking the side off the case seemed to do it, as proved by the following picture:

19deg.jpg

How low has everyone else managed to get on air?

pic shows CBI

I get around 24-27 c same as my case temp really depend's on house temp.

I havn't tried the window open trick this yr.

normal 68F room temps with x2 stock cooler I get 28c-30c and 38c-40c load

last night it got down to 48 here and I opened the window and put the fans on, I was 25c and 35c load

I don't think comparisons of motherboard sensor readings is a good idea, unless everyone is using the same motherboard & BIOS.
=O

i have a laser themometer but according to people on here from where i check my temps i am not getting close enough to the cpu, i usually probe the base of my xp-120 and temps are waaay different than windows or bios temps

reported by BIOS and most every other temperature monitoring program is anywhere from 27C - 30C depending on room temperature.

Back