• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What brands do you trust (for graphics cards)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Malpine Walis

Disabled
Well, tommorow I am going to buy a new graphics card. From what I am seeing online, I think that I have a good line on one from ATI wich will cost me more than some similar cards.

However, it occurs to me that there are many cheaper cards out there. Yet what I do not know is which of the cheap cards is worth the money. Even if this thread is to late for my purchase, I would like to get a snapshot of what is out there that is good (and cheap).

Personally? Unless given no other choice, I've always gone with XFX NVIDIA cards....

I broke that trend with my last card though... its an Albatron 6800... but XFX didn't have a 6800 out at the time (that i could find) when i bought it... so Albatron I went... and it's been a fine card.

For ATi, i'd always think of takin a BBA at first. but i think ATi killed their BBA line and sapphire is the closest to that. so saphire it is.

For nVidia, i'd easily take an eVGA first. I've also heard some good about XFX. I'd probably just want a card that follows the refrence board.

honestly, i havent had troubles with any companies, and iv tried em all.
the ones with the best warrenty seem to be XFX, BFG, and eVGA

Ah damn, i forgot about ASUSTeK. i love their stuff

BFG i can't stand however. All their cards have the OC crap marketing, most cards are able to OC as much as they do anyway. Plus they neuter the refrence coolers and make their own at times, which are horrible coolers (any1 ever seen the 6600 or the 6800GT AGP?)

I've only had 1 ati card (9800 pro), it was a sapphire. It also died after 2 months. So... none?

nVidia I've had a gigabyte 6600gt and an eVGA 6800nu. Both were/are AWESOME! Both clocked like banshees, and the 6800 unlocked flawlessly. I'd buy from either again.

SolidxSnake said:
Ah damn, i forgot about ASUSTeK. i love their stuff

BFG i can't stand however. All their cards have the OC crap marketing, most cards are able to OC as much as they do anyway. Plus they neuter the refrence coolers and make their own at times, which are horrible coolers (any1 ever seen the 6600 or the 6800GT AGP?)
I've seen their coolers too. Online they look fine, but I saw a BFG 7800GT at Best Buy the other day, and the fan on it was TINY!! eVGA's stock cooler is much bigger and better, plus they have the copper heatsink cards.

hmm besides the fact that the XFX cards use molex connectors instead of the standard 6pins [it made me go o_O] i say XFX is good and it gets the job done.

never had an ATI so i can't say.

my friend likes BFG for their oc but most people just oc any other card and it will do.

my vote for my friends gtx evga and my xfx gt

both good brands.

Ive had cards from Asus (original Geforce card), Gainward (Geforce2 MX), Sparkle (Geforce 3 ti500),PNY (Geforce4 ti4200), Gainward again (Geforce 5900XT Golden Sample) and my current XFX Geforce 6600GT. No problems at all with any of them.

for ATI I'd say: Powercolor, ATI themselves, Sapphire, HIS (such a good company)

for nVidia I'd say: XFX, BFG, Evga, Gainward, and Leadtek

I think Evga, XFX, BFG, and HIS are the strongest here...their top notch stuff.

I like BB ATI cards and I hope to try out my first nVidia card sometime soon and it will be evga.

Malpo,

AGP or PCI-E?

Either way here is my list from first hand experience.
ATI: ATI, Sapphire
NVIDIA: XFX (I will always avoid BFG)

Well, the immediate question was answered by what I picked up at compUSSR several hours ago. Considering that the old card was an Asus Nvidia GF2Ti (AGP 4X), anything at all was certain to be digital heroin. What I ended up with was an ATI Radeon 9550 for a hundred bucks. Hardly a performance monster but the current version of this box is intended to be the last gasp for socket A.

That much being said, I was aiming for a short list of trusted brands that could possibly become a sticky. You know how we all go to newegg/zipzoomfly/directron? Those are easy to find for several reasons. But what of brand names? If we have some discussion on the matter, perhaps down the road we can see a list of good suppliers to work with.

Malpine Walis said:
Well, the immediate question was answered by what I picked up at compUSSR several hours ago. Considering that the old card was an Asus Nvidia GF2Ti (AGP 4X), anything at all was certain to be digital heroin. What I ended up with was an ATI Radeon 9550 for a hundred bucks. Hardly a performance monster but the current version of this box is intended to be the last gasp for socket A.

That much being said, I was aiming for a short list of trusted brands that could possibly become a sticky. You know how we all go to newegg/zipzoomfly/directron? Those are easy to find for several reasons. But what of brand names? If we have some discussion on the matter, perhaps down the road we can see a list of good suppliers to work with.

Couldve got that card for around 50-70 online. :eh?:

Back