• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lagging Vga?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

Im not shure what i should get for a gaming card and i also use things like mia and photoshop but i know nvidia is the good choice
so what should i do i mean i know it would be best to get the fx5900 256ddr ......... but i dont want to spend that then get a new one next year and basicly wast the big $$$$$$$$$$$$$
i was thinking the fx5900 128ddr .......
i mean i might get that if i can but whats good for gaming i curntly have a XFX G4Ti4200 128DDR....... and i think thats its messing my game up a bit im trying to play C&C GENERALS mostly it works
im curntly on win98se not for long but will it be the one?
but some times it crashes and lags im runging:
P4 2.4 800fsb
asus p4c800e
entermax 350w ps (with 2 fans)
nvidia GF4 ti4200 128mb ddr
512 samsung dual channel 400mhz ddr (Best asus recomends)
80gb segate baracuta 8mb
52x reader
52x24x52x rw
floppy
soon to come
xp pro
msi fx5900 256mb ddr
1 more 80gb but a maxtor 8mb
dvd burner
SLK3700BQE + 3 added 120mm
sp94 with vanteck tornadow
MCX159-P
vantec iceburq4

I have a Ti4200 and it works fine for me, never had C&C generals crash on me. I don't think that Generals was really built for Windows 98.

As for a new graphics card. It's hard to say, I guess you'd be best with NVidia if your using graphics software, but the FX series isn't so great right now. I'd wait and see what the new FX5700's, and FX5950's are capable of before you buy an NVidia card.

-Overcrocked

ok well whats happning with the card the new ones?
are they sapose to put out like a 5900b or what and when do they put out these new cards? i havent followed up on them mutch.

Well, if your not much of a gamer than it wouldn't effect you too much if you purchase a FX card. The 5900U in DX 8.1 or lower blazes, but it doesn't have DirectX 9 compliancy like they were supposed to. So the old FX series cards won't run new games like Half Life 2 and Doom 3 so hot, even the 5900 gets beat by the Rad9600. That's why if you are interested in games I would wait to see if these two new models in the FX series have true DX 9 compliancy. I do believe they are out, but they havn't been tested for DX9 compliancy yet. I'm sure something will happen any day now regarding testing out the 2 new cards.

-Overcrocked

I think ill keep the ti4200 untill nividia comes out with a nice new vga im not to much on the FX card there not that good at the upcoming games theye need to improve a little more but thanx i upgraded to xp pro seems to made a diff so im good for now

Back