• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deus Ex 2 Demo won't start with my old geforce 256

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikapc

I know you're probably thinking why would one even consider running deus ex 2 with a geforce 256... Well for your info I'm not, it's just that I haven't gotten around yet to purchasing a new card since I accidently ruined my radeon 9500np. In any case the rest of my system is good but my question is is the Geforce 256 a directx 8.1 supported card (deus 2 demo mentions that as a requirment). I would think so at least in the sense that one can get very recent ati drivers as well as directx 9.0b which I did. My guess is maybe since the geforce 256 I don't think supports Hardware Rendered T&L that that is the problem. There was also the mention in the readme of possible problems with a sound card but I can't imagine the audigy 2 not being supported. Thanks

I'm pretty sure that the GeForce 256 is a DirectX 7 card... That's probably the problem.

yeah your gfx sucks. why dont you try and run it on a voodoo 2 SLI =P but yeah its not DX8 its DX7 and cant candle any of the funtions in DX2, well other than rendering cubes =P

Actually Geforce 256 is much better than a voodoo 2 and for it's time was a great card at a rather low price. It's not bad, most games are playable with it but in any case it doesn't matter anymore considering I've just ordered a radeon 9800np with samsung memory :p

DayUSeX said:
yeah your gfx sucks. why dont you try and run it on a voodoo 2 SLI =P but yeah its not DX8 its DX7 and cant candle any of the funtions in DX2, well other than rendering cubes =P

i had voodoo 2s scan lined together. those were the days

The Geforce256 is Dx7, and it does have hardware t&l. It just doesnt have Dx8 support. The geforce256 is actualy supposed to be around as good as a geforce2 mx.

Back